Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phobias
hydroskourophobia, Social anxiety and also i HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE more than ANYTHING darkness, if i am alone somewhere dark, i promise, i WILL scream! (like a little girl xD i cant scream ¨like a man¨)

lol, i am very seldom afraid of the dark, as a little child, i trained myself to not be afraid of darkness

tried that... didn't work :/

i have no phobias. my reaction to what people usually have phobias about is quite counter to them.

i love the heights, i went to flight school and learned to fly a plane.

i generally have a good take on animals (dogs, some wild animals), and i usually know how to behave around them. i know what i can get away with and what i can't, and i know how to behave around aggressive dogs. i was the one among my friends who always had to deal with them, when we had the occasion. i've done a couple of stupid stints in my time though, and once i did get bitten. i was bold enough to walk through the chain radius of a completely unsocialized dog (through his territory, in essence) expecting my friend to be able to restrain him. i knew better than that, but i did it anyway, and an hour later i was in an emergency room getting stitched up. but i was never afraid, before, then, or after.

when i was a very small kid, ca 5-7 years old, i had the fear of wild boars, for some odd reason. i grew up in the countryside and we had forests that had some wolves, boar, and other animals there. so, i was 5, was afraid of getting mauled by a wild boar, and my approach to this dilemma, was to go hiking into the woods (usually to pick some mushrooms) exactly where those animals were supposed to be. i guess i did it to feel above my fear, or something. luckily, i never came across any boars, but i did see my share of foxes.

i don't know...what else is there? not afraid of constricted spaces. not xenophobic, although i am indifferent towards complete strangers (unless they are sexually attractive to me).

i don't know that i'm afraid of anything.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

verysimple Wrote:I don't think I have a major phobia.. But I guess I am scared of electricity.. I hate that shit

I'm not too worried about electricity... Although once I was working on a camera and needed to discharge the capacitor for the flash bulb and when that thing spark I about jumped 10 feet in the air, I mean I knew there was going to be a pop but still..

Anything under 25 volts you won't feel in most all cases...and 120 volts is reasonably safe, getting up to 240 things do get dangerous... the big factor is current... I think it takes 70 mA across the heart to cause it to stop... So the bottom line when it comes to playing with electricity is knowing what is ground and using an isolation transformer when working on hot equipment.

Basically, knowing the dangers, having respect for electricity and knowing how to be safe dealing with electricity will keep you safe...

Hope something from that is helpful. I know a little bit about the subject and would be happy to share...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

verysimple Wrote:I don't think I have a major phobia.. But I guess I am scared of electricity.. I hate that shit

yeah, i love that thing too! Smile nothing clears your head better and/or wakes you up like getting shocked by a few hundred volts.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Red sauce (ketchup), mayonnaise, cheese (I can eat pizza with mozzarella on it but I'd rather not think about it being cheese. I can also eat cheesecake but keep it on the down low.).

I can't really think of any phobias that I might have. I too, like [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION], act completely in the opposite way to the most common phobias.

I am not scared of heights. In fact, I quite like being at height. I have done a skydive before, absolutely loved it and would 100% do another. If for example, I climb a spiral staircase that is hollow in the middle, once I have reached the top I will look down the middle to the ground to see how high up I am. It doesn't fill me with fear at all, I like it.

Same thing with spiders. If there is one in the flat and my flatmate starts screaming, I will calmly pick the spider up in my hands and take it outside. I again, would go as far as saying I like spiders. They are beautiful creatures and it annoys me when people kill them for daring to run in their line of sight. But then I guess that is because I don't have the phobia, and therefore don't understand the terror that some people feel when they see one.

If there was anything I am afraid of, it might be mirages, particularly ship mirages, and seeing things that aren't actually there. Still, I wouldn't say this was to a phobia level. When I was about 13, I saw a ship mirage at a beach quite local to here. It gave me the chills I have to say. Seeing the distorted and enlarged view of a ship floating upside down above the water creeped me out. Thankfully, I have never seen another.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M7d093ce2e91e6684f2ec69b6f404ce5aH0&pid=15.1]

Yep, that image gives me the creeps ^^

I think this post just says I am a bit of an oddball really :biggrin:

Spiders
Clowns
Dolls that can blink (especially the porcelain kind)

Oh and I hate bees! One way to get me to do the 100 meter dash lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!