Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phobias
Cridders88 Wrote:Same thing with spiders. If there is one in the flat and my flatmate starts screaming, I will calmly pick the spider up in my hands and take it outside. I again, would go as far as saying I like spiders. They are beautiful creatures and it annoys me when people kill them for daring to run in their line of sight. But then I guess that is because I don't have the phobia, and therefore don't understand the terror that some people feel when they see one.

If there was anything I am afraid of, it might be mirages, particularly ship mirages, and seeing things that aren't actually there. Still, I wouldn't say this was to a phobia level. When I was about 13, I saw a ship mirage at a beach quite local to here. It gave me the chills I have to say. Seeing the distorted and enlarged view of a ship floating upside down above the water creeped me out. Thankfully, I have never seen another.

i agree with you to a high percentage there. forgot about the spiders -- they're useful creatures because they kill flies. those damn disgusting spreaders of disease, germs, and bacteria. i'm disgusted by flies, can't stand those things.

mirages no, but i thought i saw a UFO once (in actuality it was distant car lights reflecting off of wet power lines from behind a curve -- that looks very much like an alien aircraft, by the way) and that was very creepy to me.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Dead people creep me the fuck out. Can't stand those krazy motherf'rs.

Cridders88 Wrote:....I think this post just says I am a bit of an oddball really :biggrin:
Nah, it wasn't THIS post that told us that. Rofl Wavey

MikeW Wrote:Dead people creep me the fuck out. Can't stand those krazy motherf'rs.

Dead people are wierd but since you mentioned it...I hate the subject of death. Kind of scared about it...says the person speeding in a sports car...

I don't like thinking about death, I don't like talking about it and try to avoid discussing it or really dealing with it...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Dead people are wierd but since you mentioned it...I hate the subject of death. Kind of scared about it...says the person speeding in a sports car...

I don't like thinking about death, I don't like talking about it and try to avoid discussing it or really dealing with it...
But, dude, THIS, this right here you're experiencing right now? THIS is what it's like to be dead.

Now, dying... that's a whole other kit and caboodle. It's sort of like birthing, TBH.

The best way to get over this fear, BTW, is to .

I have heard interesting things about DMT and not to get off topic but there's supposedly a link between DMT and the pineal gland... Turns out the pineal gland produces a small amount of DMT and also has rods and cones like your eyes and apparently is indeed sensitive to light. Now I'm not a religious person but that's really interesting and thinking there's got to be a reason for it (or it is all bullshit -- could be for that matter I don't know much about medical stuff) but there doesn't seem to be much of an evolutionary purpose for the pineal gland, in the middle of your brain, to be sensitive to light and produce DMT and all sorts of other things..
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:I have heard interesting things about DMT and not to get off topic but there's supposedly a link between DMT and the pineal gland... Turns out the pineal gland produces a small amount of DMT and also has rods and cones like your eyes and apparently is indeed sensitive to light. Now I'm not a religious person but that's really interesting and thinking there's got to be a reason for it (or it is all bullshit -- could be for that matter I don't know much about medical stuff) but there doesn't seem to be much of an evolutionary purpose for the pineal gland, in the middle of your brain, to be sensitive to light and produce DMT and all sorts of other things..
Dude, if you clicked the link I provided above you could hear Joe rapping on and on about this very shit you're saying.

As for what it's all about... yeah... well... you think you're you, right? But what ARE "thoughts"?

Let me ask you this, do you hear your own voice inside your head when you're "thinking"? Yeah? Well, but IS there "sound" inside your brain? Seriously? If not, then what are you "hearing"... what is this "voice" you think is "you"?

We're all just figments of our own imagination.

And where does the ability to "imagine" ... that is "to dream while awake" come from?

Hugh?

It's really weird to post something like that ^^^^ and then notice that all the guys who were online reading the forum? They're gone. "Zero" online. :eek:

Nobody Home!

and speaking of xeno-phobia, i also freakin' hate UFOs!

Schizophrenics scare me a lot....I have to really spend alot of time trying to keep my cool when they are around me. I pray they don't notice me....

I don't like heights or spiders either...and not a huge fan of snakes but I am OK with them I suppose. I especially dislike black widows. I am OK with Daddy Long Legs and my BF even feeds the ones in the corners..they are DEADLY to black widows so they are my friends...