Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phobias
meridannight Wrote:i agree with you to a high percentage there. forgot about the spiders -- they're useful creatures because they kill flies. those damn disgusting spreaders of disease, germs, and bacteria. i'm disgusted by flies, can't stand those things.

mirages no, but i thought i saw a UFO once (in actuality it was distant car lights reflecting off of wet power lines from behind a curve -- that looks very much like an alien aircraft, by the way) and that was very creepy to me.

Yeah, that kind of thing creeps me out aswell. Especially if I see something like that, and I then can't explain it.

MikeW Wrote:Nah, it wasn't THIS post that told us that. Rofl Wavey

Fair point Rofl Rofl Rofl

Cridders88 Wrote:I think this post just says I am a bit of an oddball really :biggrin:

Only this post? Smile <3

In other news

Interesting bit with peeps and bugs here. Either I read phobias or I read "awww, let's save the poor bugs"

I have neither a phobia for bugs nor do I give a shit about their lives. Any bug that dares enter my vicinity is going to get killed in the most brutal way possible.

This maaaaaaybe due to that bloody venomous spider we have here, but maybe I'm justa psychopath.

I do get nervoius around stingers, especially wasps but those too are gonna get squashed if there's an opning I can take.

I hardly think the ecosystem will be messed up by a few of those killed considering their rate of reproduction.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Only this post? Smile <3

In other news

Interesting bit with peeps and bugs here. Either I read phobias or I read "awww, let's save the poor bugs"

I have neither a phobia for bugs nor do I give a shit about their lives. Any bug that dares enter my vicinity is going to get killed in the most brutal way possible.

This maaaaaaybe due to that bloody venomous spider we have here, but maybe I'm justa psychopath.

I do get nervoius around stingers, especially wasps but those too are gonna get squashed if there's an opning I can take.

I hardly think the ecosystem will be messed up by a few of those killed considering their rate of reproduction.

Yeah, wasps get killed immediately if they go anywhere near me. Anything capable of causing harm gets killed lol. As far as Spiders go in this country through, completely harmless. I just don't see the point of squashing something if it is not a) a threat, or b) pissing me off. Which is why flies are another insect that gets squashed routinely by yours truly Smile

MikeW Wrote:But, dude, THIS, this right here you're experiencing right now? THIS is what it's like to be dead.

Now, dying... that's a whole other kit and caboodle. It's sort of like birthing, TBH.

The best way to get over this fear, BTW, is to .

Hmm...not sure if I agree with Joe Rogan that we're a cancer. I have heard that analogy before...sort of. However, there are a lot of opinions on what we "are" after one does DMT.

Not sure if I would try DMT, the worst I've done was pot, never did any psychedelics.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

BlueStar Wrote:I used to have claustrophobia long ago but it's gone.

Yeah, you came out of the closet! Frog

I have a hard time with getting stuck with needles. I can't look if a nurse is drawing my blood or giving me an injection. I've even fainted from it!

So I've learned to cope by telling the nurse in advance, making sure I am lying down for the procedure, and telling the nurse that he/she can't stop talking to me the whole time, in order to distract me from thinking about what is happening. Elaborate, but it works to keep me from fainting.

Cridders88 Wrote:Yeah, wasps get killed immediately if they go anywhere near me.
wasps don't actually sting you, unless you flail around them enough for them to think of you as a threat. i usually just direct them out of the window and it's rarely they find their way into the house anyway.

i know a guy who keeps bees, by the way. i've been there when he was doing something with them, taking out the brood frames (i looked up what they're called), etc. i just stood there calmly with hundreds of bees swirling around me and barely a couple even landed on me. i can hardly be bothered by one single bee/wasp.

Cridders88 Wrote:Yeah, that kind of thing creeps me out aswell. Especially if I see something like that, and I then can't explain it.

you're not unaware of what a mirage is, are you?

Camfer Wrote:I have a hard time with getting stuck with needles. I can't look if a nurse is drawing my blood or giving me an injection. I've even fainted from it!

i love to watch that process. don't know why. it's interesting. when i was a kid and when i went for vaccination shots i loved that too. the doctors always warned me that it might hurt and i was like, 'it doesn't hurt at all, what are you talking about?'. and i always looked at it being done. and later my mom took me out and bought me blackberry ice cream because she thought i was so brave. i didn't argue with that, but it just never bothered me from the beginning.

i also don't mind the sight of blood. i don't get what's so bothersome about it to people.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:yeah, i love that thing too! Smile nothing clears your head better and/or wakes you up like getting shocked by a few hundred volts.

Yikes! I'd be terrified

meridannight Wrote:you're not unaware of what a mirage is, are you?

No, I know what mirages are. My comment was in reference to seeing something unusual and not having an explanation for it ie. something that looked like a UFO but couldn't be explained as power lines for example. Mirages are fully explained, still creepy though!

Camfer Wrote:I have a hard time with getting stuck with needles. I can't look if a nurse is drawing my blood or giving me an injection. I've even fainted from it!

Awww.

Looking is my favorite part of getting blood drawn.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]