Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
phobias
I have several phobias that are completely ridiculous. There's the fear of electricity, the sound of pendulum clocks or stockings. I also have emetophobia and iridophobia (it's the fear of rainbows, apparently one of the rarest phobias ever).

Kai12 Wrote:I have trypophobia. I fear holes! It's so bad. If you wanna kill me, you don't need to shoot me, just send a piture of trypophobia to me Sad

Um, er, uh,...could you define the sort of holes you are afraid of?
I bid NO Trump!

I also kinda fear big trucks ... i hate having to encounter them when i am on the road commuting, that's why I always walk on the side of the street where you can see the vehicles approaching.

Cridders88 Wrote:I can't really think of any phobias that I might have. I too, like [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION], act completely in the opposite way to the most common phobias.

I am not scared of heights. In fact, I quite like being at height. I have done a skydive before, absolutely loved it and would 100% do another. If for example, I climb a spiral staircase that is hollow in the middle, once I have reached the top I will look down the middle to the ground to see how high up I am. It doesn't fill me with fear at all, I like it.

Same thing with spiders. If there is one in the flat and my flatmate starts screaming, I will calmly pick the spider up in my hands and take it outside. I again, would go as far as saying I like spiders. They are beautiful creatures and it annoys me when people kill them for daring to run in their line of sight. But then I guess that is because I don't have the phobia, and therefore don't understand the terror that some people feel when they see one.

If there was anything I am afraid of, it might be mirages, particularly ship mirages, and seeing things that aren't actually there. Still, I wouldn't say this was to a phobia level. When I was about 13, I saw a ship mirage at a beach quite local to here. It gave me the chills I have to say. Seeing the distorted and enlarged view of a ship floating upside down above the water creeped me out. Thankfully, I have never seen another.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M7d093ce2e91e6684f2ec69b6f404ce5aH0&pid=15.1]

Yep, that image gives me the creeps ^^

I think this post just says I am a bit of an oddball really :biggrin:

fuck, dammit ... hear hear ...

heights scare me, I can't climb ladders, or ride roller coasters.

If I'm on a high floor of a hotel with a balcony, I'll almost never use the balcony. If I do, I look straight out. If I look down, I freak out and go back into the room.

stinging insects also freak me out..... I've had a rough time with my apartment, the first two summers I was here, yellow jackets, wasps and hornets were always finding their way in.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!