Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plumber's crack
palbert Wrote:http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/...hirts.aspx

[Image: 95587-longtail-g114-v2-BEST.jpg-766x256]

I never heard of Duluth Trading til you posted it, and now have seen references to it two other places. Life is freaky that way.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:I never heard of Duluth Trading til you posted it, and now have seen references to it two other places. Life is freaky that way.

I don't know how you don't see their commercials on TV. They have some stores around but need more... like one right here. I stop at the one in Bloomington Mn every time I head to Minneapolis or anywhere past there. I know they have a couple store in Wisconsin.

I went to the Duluth Trading site to window shop. Looks like they have some OK stuff but the line is somewhat limited and they are definitely pricing up to their hype.

I can buy a perfectly serviceable long sleeved t-shirt from Target for $12, that is half the price of Duluth Trading and involves no internet transaction bother or shipping cost. It does not have the long tail, which I do not require. So, the question becomes whether a little tail is worth $12.
I bid NO Trump!

[Image: 2111026287_ebf8bbf702_z.jpg?zz=1]

LJay Wrote:I went to the Duluth Trading site to window shop. Looks like they have some OK stuff but the line is somewhat limited and they are definitely pricing up to their hype.

I can buy a perfectly serviceable long sleeved t-shirt from Target for $12, that is half the price of Duluth Trading and involves no internet transaction bother or shipping cost. It does not have the long tail, which I do not require. So, the question becomes whether a little tail is worth $12.

Way up in the northern reaches we need quality and durable clothes - not Target's wear suggestion, Need Carhartt, Duluth, DuoFold, Cabelas, LLBean. These clothes last for years of winter, spring, fall (and sometimes summer) wear.

Quote:---Quote attributed to LJay
I went to the Duluth Trading site to window shop. Looks like they have some OK stuff but the line is somewhat limited and they are definitely pricing up to their hype.

Depends on what he looks like I guess. Oh who am I kidding? $12 bucks is cheap. I'll just turn off the lights.
(Excellent LJay!)
RoflRofl

No long tail shirts please.....[Image: buttcrack.jpg]

Virge Wrote:I don't know how you don't see their commercials on TV. They have some stores around but need more... like one right here. I stop at the one in Bloomington Mn every time I head to Minneapolis or anywhere past there. I know they have a couple store in Wisconsin.

I don't watch TV at all if I can help it, but I may have seen one at my brother-in-law's house where it never gets turned off. I don't know if we have them in this area or not; I've never seen one.

Another solution for winter......[Image: leyendecker878.gif]

Palbert, the shirt I bought at Target is Champion knitwear and I have worn it for at least 7 years. Actually, I think I paid less that $12 for it, but I was using the current price. I am not particularly hard on clothes so they do last a while for me. If I ever have to heard up to your neck of the woods in winter, I'll probably wear my North Face down parka. I bought it in the early 1970's and it is still going strong.

PS: Good work, Rareboy, though it appears that one fellow in the khakis needs to work on his tan. I have archived the guy working on the bathroom sink. It is always good to know of a plumber worth calling.
I bid NO Trump!