Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
price of gas going up?
blokeinsussex Wrote:As much as I wish it were so I'm afraid there is no political party in the UK who will stand up and say they will slash fuel duty for fear of the green lobby criticising them, plus its now too much money for them to lose.

I think it is far more about the money than the green lobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:So while the typical UK person may be spending more per volume of petrol, they are most likely using far less than a typical American.

This is because the typical Britton has the good sense to live relatively close to where they work (or vica versa). Americans choose to commute such long distances.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:And of course the taxes. While a UK citizen is paying more in fuel, they are paying far less in health insurance. There are various other minor social programs that are ran off the taxes generated in the UK that come directly out of the pocket of a US citizen.

If Americans wish to reform the Western World's least efficient health care system they are welcome to do so.

Fred

fredv3b Wrote:This is because the typical Britton has the good sense to live relatively close to where they work (or vica versa). Americans choose to commute such long distances.

If Americans wish to reform the Western World's least efficient health care system they are welcome to do so.
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]
On Question Time Thursday 16/2/12 An American woman, Julie Meyer founder of the investment firm Ariadne Capital suggested that the NHS should be privatised and enter the trillion dollar world of private health care, she was loudly booed by the audience, the Yanks just don't understand the British love of the NHS... [/COLOR][/SIZE]

3.99 today in San Jose (California)....I keep both my vehicles filled up usually so I usually only need 1/4 to 1/3 a tank..helps minimize the damage.

Almac Wrote:the Yanks just don't understand the British love of the NHS...

Nobody understands the British love of the NHS. No amount of evidence that the rest of the western world (with the possible exception of Quebec) has a 'private system' and the majority of it have better health systems than the NHS, will persuade the British. It's all rather quaint, like the belief the Bevan based the NHS on the cooperative health systems that had formed in some of the coal mining communities of the welsh valleys, despite the complete lack of similarity between the two.

Fred