Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
prostatitis and anal sex
I've been suffering from chronic prostatitis since 2009Cry Since I'm still a virgin bottom, I would like to know if receiving anal sex will either worsen or reduce the symptoms of prostatitis? I've read some discussions on the net where some gay people found that the more frequent anal intercourse they receive, the lesser symptoms are. It's like receiving prostate massage.

I'm just wondering, are any of you suffering from prostatitis? Do you find any effect on prostatitis in either positive or negative way from receiving anal sex ?:confused:

Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland

I cant give you a medical opinion. My guess is anal sex would be a negative effect, but I just dont know

questions, best answered by medical staff
-have you attempted to treat the inflammation medically
-how much is it inflamed, is it constant

I know someone who has to take extreme antibiotic measures to cool down his prostatitis from time to time. He's strait and probably wouldn't be able to answer your question.

However, in my adventurous sexual life I have done a bunch of reading about the prostate for pleasurable reasons and it's said that "milking" the prostate can have health benefits. Basically, that's the prostate massage that you were talking about ending with an orgasm that lasts quite some time, reportedly. No luck here so far, but there are professional doctors who actually practice this technique for prostate health. I suggest asking your doctor about it if the prostatitis is something that you have already addressed with him or her.

Good luck.

My big concern is if chronic prostatitis will be a problem when bottoming. I'm worried it would cause pain and discomfort when having anal sex Cry

If you have an inflamed prostate anal sex can do damage (there is always a risk of damage to the prostate from anal sex) but you should speak to a physician about the severity of your condition and what is safe to do.

danwd172 Wrote:My big concern is if chronic prostatitis will be a problem when bottoming. I'm worried it would cause pain and discomfort when having anal sex Cry

What is more likely to cause pain before you even get to the prostate is the introduction of a penis or other object in your anus, especially if you are unprepared... Do you know what causes your prostatitis? How uncomfortable is it for you? Does it provoke needs to urinate, does it cause pain in the abdomen?

Of course, having someone poking inside you with their genitals will probably be pleasurable to some extent, but it might also make the prostatitis worse because of the rubbing and it may cause irritation, more swelling, more heat and more discomfort, if not real pain.

You might try introducing something into your rectum (with the necessary precautions, lube etc...) to see if it's painful or not and whether the prostatis symptoms get worse after it. Try maybe with the introduction of something smaller than a regular sized penis. Make sure the object your introduce will be neither abrasive nor breakable and that it won't get lost inside you. If you could use a sex toy such as a small buttplug or dildo, it would give you an idea. But sometimes these things are not available. It is recommended to use a condom on whichever object your choose and to lube it up very thoroughly (not with any grease based substance, nor soap, nor oils but with water soluble lubricant). Be very gentle when you try this. If you try this with a partner, you could ask for stimulation from a single finger (well washed, clean, and lubricated too).

For all it's worth, I have heard that the prostate can be kept healthy / healthier with the ingestion of pumpkin seed oil, or with pumpkin seeds (you can eat those in your daily salad for instance). I think that zinc is also beneficial to reduce prostate problems.

Finally, I would have to agree with all the other posters here, that the best way to know whether you'll have aggravating problems would be to talk to your physician about it.

What solutions do you think you can try? Which ones are you afraid of, and why?
Take care.

If you have pain when you need to have a bowel movement or if a stiff BM causes pain as it passes past the prostate, then you will have pain when a penis, a finger, a dildo or another object presses against the inflamed prostate.

Different people react differently depending on how the prostatitis is affecting them and what kind of prostatitis they have. There are four basic kinds, with two chronic variations, one being bacterial the other non-bacterial. Non-bacterial is the most common one. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prostat...n=symptoms

I had - past tense - bacterial prostatitis when I was younger and was in the role of 'bottom' in bed. For me it was too painful to accept my partner 'up there'. It was also painful to ejaculate - misery in all ways. Every morning as I was getting ready for a BM I had more pain. Even having a BM was a 'thrilling' experience.:o

I would suggest 'probing' gently with the second finger of your own hand. Wear a latex glove. if you are allergic to latex then get a non-allergenic glove. You can buy them by the box at most drug stores.

Use a water based lube like KY-Jelly - again sold in drug stores. Gloves are found in First Aid aisle, lube is found near the condoms which is usually on feminine health products aisle.

If you are laying on your back, insert the finger pressing down (toward your back, not toward your testicles/penis). Then slowly turn the finger and press gently upward where the prostate is.

You should pretty much know how sensitive you are with a finger and can judge how painful it will be with a large object.

The problem with using a finger is that there are bones in your finger. A man's penis is just soft tissue with blood swelling it up. Thus a penis is 'softer' and more flexible than a finger. A dildo, even the floppy rubber ones are not as soft and 'giving' as a penis thus I would not start off with even a slender dildo.

I would go back to the doctor and discuss your particular case. Ask him/her about anal sex and prostate massaging. As others have pointed out some people respond well to prostate massaging, others not so much and even may have complications.

On prostate Massage/Drainage: http://www.chronicprostatitis.com/massage.html

This last link has illustrations to give you an idea where the prostate is and this will allow you to probe yourself. The prostate is not that deep inside, thus is easily found.

Read that site first and do read and remember the warnings.

Bowyn Aerrow

Thanks for your reply so much. I've posted my question on several forums, and your comment is by far the most detailed and useful.

My prostatitis was acute and bacterial when I went to my doctor 3 years ago. I took antibiotics for months and felt much better. However the symptoms came back again after a while I finished antibiotics. I went to my doctor and cultured my urine and semen again, but no bacteria were found. He told me that my prostatitis turned into non-bacterial chornic prostatitis, which means the inflammation and uncomfortable symptoms still remain but not as severe as acute one.

For the past 3 years, I have never felt any sharp pain while ejaculating, and I finger myself sometimes when jerking off, but the prostate doesn't hurt at all. However there were times after I used Aneros(a prostate stimulator), some discomforts, mainly dull pain in the pelvic area, recurred. I guess it is because Aneros is to hard for my prostate.

I bought myself a dildo and am gonna have the very first "dildo experience" this weekend:redface: If my prostate is ok with a finger or a dildo, I assume that a real penis should not be a problem.Bouncer

Prostatitis sucks, my condolences! Mine was caused by prostate stones and went away rather quickly, so never bottom while I had it.

Hope you and your toy have a fun weekend :biggrin:

Be careful, I think probably a real live penis would be less invasive than any artificial dildo or dildo like object; The Aneros was probably no help in getting it to feel better.