Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
psychologists find gaydar exists
Gaydar automatic and more accurate for women's faces, psychologists find...

more info linky

A joint paper written for the University of Washington suggests gaydar exists, at least a tiny bit above the statistical noise. And the sample size in the study was small like 130 people. than again they showed the faces for a very limited time.
They are also thinking some people have it and some dont.

http://www.washington.edu/news/articles/...gists-find
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Ado...ne.0036671

I think mines works 50/50.

Like I was watching Bravo, and was like, "Andy Cohen is so gay" and then about 2 days ago, he came on Jay Leno and was like I'm gay, but also a "mans man" and I was like, "Gurl, No you ain't!" Rofl .

But then again, I for some reason thought Jensen Atwood[Wade from Noah's Arc] was gay, but that turned out to be totally wrong. Even though he really seems like it :tongue: .

Gaydar is more like Intuition to me. :biggrin:

Some peoples gaydar dose suck.
[Image: dragonfest_0260_1_u18chan.jpg]
They SHOULD have done one to see if gay people have a better gaydar than straight people

I worked in a friggin gay bar for 20 years and I have ZERO gaydar...I have no idea if/when someone is gay (but then again...I really dont' care one way or the other so that might have something to do with it:biggrin: )

Here is when I know someone is gay: They say "I am gay"Confusedmile:

With me i dont practice the exercise of gaydar unless someone takes me fancy then i ask them lol

Marshlander and I have this game that when we come across someone in the street that we notice for some reason or other, we exchange glances and say, ''knowingly'': "Yes!!!" or "No!!"... lol. We are probably 100% wrong, but I like to think we have an inkling...

I'm with Odi, about 50/50.

I had to have an emergency root canal the other day and as soon as the endodontist walked in (hot, by the way) I was sure. Then he started talking with his assistant about his partner and the movies they had watched recently and how good Robt Downy Jr looked in the Avengers.

The eye candy made the dental experience less painful too!!! ;-)

I can't believe that millions of dollars are thrown into researching inane things like this.

Research isn't needed because what exactly it do be acheived from knowing that 'gaydar' exists?

Sometime this wasteful world pisses me off no end.

dfiant Wrote:I can't believe that millions of dollars are thrown into researching inane things like this.

Research isn't needed because what exactly it do be acheived from knowing that 'gaydar' exists?

Sometime this wasteful world pisses me off no end.

I know what you mean... There is so much wasted money which could be invested else where. The biggest one I hate, is the amount of money invested into ending lives instead of saving them. Though, I guess thats contrroversial in some way.

I found it hard to type my thoughts here. My imagination is going wild on all the things we could have acheived by now if we had spent more money on valuble research. I could be riding on the back of a dinosaur, around a space bubble on the moon.

dfiant Wrote:I can't believe that millions of dollars are thrown into researching inane things like this. ...
sometimes you have to say yes to another excess.