Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
psychologists find gaydar exists
pellaz Wrote:sometimes you have to say yes to another excess.

That's the way we are conditioned to think.

I don't believe that is right and I can't accept it as fact when idiots are researching if 'gaydar' is real when the REAL problem is 14 year olds are committing suicide because they are being bullied. Pensioners are suffering in squalid conditions while unemployed bums are given money hand over fist to survive.

This is what happens when you give politians a 'democratic' right...they make decisions on behalf of the majority..../end sarcasm.

I seem to have good gaydar (I'm more likely to miss someone rather than make a false ping) but I have to be with them, I can't just see them in a pic or on a vid. My guess is that because part of it is how their faces subtly respond to everyone around them as well as other peripheral clues that can't be easily captured (if at all) by an image without context. I say this in part because I find it much harder to ping someone wearing shades (that is their eyes apparently tell me a lot).

My current partner has an interesting story how she knew I was gay before I even knew her (I only vaguely recall her presence from back then) but I'm feeling too lazy to tell it right now. Suffice to say she wouldn't have been able to tell from a pic.

But anyway, here's a scene from TLW that's half-fun and half-true (and IMO: Rofl ):

For those especially sharp wondering why they didn't mention fingernails (which many lesbians keep short as long nails aren't nice when inserted into the body and thus something many lesbians look for in wondering if she swings that way as many straight women treat their nails differently) as that was already mentioned in a previous scene (and said it didn't count as she was a chef).

I could have told them that for nothing. Rolleyes

dfiant Wrote:I can't believe that millions of dollars are thrown into researching inane things like this.

Research isn't needed because what exactly it do be acheived from knowing that 'gaydar' exists?

Sometime this wasteful world pisses me off no end.

I am sorry to disagree but if 'gaydar' exists then it is worth trying to determine how it works. If it works by faces shown for a very brief period it would suggest that there may be dedicated 'circuits' in the brain for this task (if so why?) it would also suggest a developmental cause for sexual orientation. At the moment we simply do not understand how human males are sexually attracted to females, we just know that that evolution must have created some sort of mechanism. Also we already know that people glean a great deal of information from people's faces but we do not know how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

My gaydar sucks. I can't really tell whether or at least have a hint. But somehow I do think gaydar is like an intuition, presumable thinking based upon your observation to people. But since it was a assumption, it will not be accurate.

I didn't read the term papers but neurologists would have a ball determining what in homosexuality causes facial traits, whether genetic or otherwise. I know I would.

Heh, don't know that. I think every handsome guys around me are all gay;-)

if no gaydar was 50% the advantage they saw was 60% a small 10% advantage. This was by observing just the face. One might have greater success when including the whole environment.

I don't have lesbian friends and I don't know anyone who is gay so I'm questioning myself whether I have gaydar or not.

I must have 3rd party gaydar then because mine is horrid!

In the past, I've wound up making an utter fool of myself by hitting on guys I was POSITIVE were gay only to find out they were straight. Good thing most of them took it well Confusedmile: