Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
psychotic dream
Last night I had what was possibly the most terrifying dream I have ever experienced:

I was at a house party, celebrating someone's birthday. As the night progressed it became raucous, but harmlessly so. I began to notice I was becoming increasingly dizzy; the scene around me seemed suddenly exacerbated, threatening, fuzzy. I mentioned to a friend that I wasn't feeling quite right. Amused, they remarked that I must've been drinking a little too hard.
The feeling worsened; soon I was stumbling, mumbling in panic, trying desperately to focus on a room that rippled around me like fluid.
I realized that I must've been roofied- or perhaps even poisoned.
I appealed to those around me for help; they were only entertained- convinced I was playing the dramatic drunk.
Finally someone came to my aid: asking what I had drunk and who had given it to me- I suddenly became aware that I hadn't drunk a thing.
I became hysterical; choking on guttural screams which flooded up and out of my throat like vomit. I hit the floor.
the party crowded around me- frozen with confusion.
I shook violently; clawing at my arms and legs; crying, screaming, blinded.
I was completely incapable of calming myself; of pacifying this internal state which my mind seemed to have induced of its very own accord.
This was psychosis.
I had lost control of my mind; of my ability to process reality; of my body. I was crazy.
The dream then became lucid, and as I slowly transitioned back into the realm of consciousness I found myself praying with all my might that I would wake up sane.

I've dreamt of dying; of becoming deformed and incapacitated, of the loss of limb and physical function- but never before of the loss of my own mind.
The human brain possesses such phenomenal power; but I would never have thought it possessed the ability to simulate the experience of its very own destruction.

I would love to know if anyone else has ever experienced this sort of thing in life or a dream?
I'm almost a little worried that this may in fact be the onset of insanity (insufferable much?).

Dreams are symbolic of things going on in our life. For example dreaming of the loss of your arms could indicate you have lost the control or ability to protect yourself. Maybe someone in your life is trying to control you as an example.

As far as I am concerned, dreams are 'wake up calls' (Pardon the pun) for us to take more notice of what is going on in our lives and fix/heal what is wrong.

Insanity and madness in dreams can link to anything associated with wild and unrestrained actions and behaviour. Maybe someone has acted in a totally reckless way? Maybe you have had some wild fantasies? Maybe someone is acting irrationally? Maybe you wish to let go of your inhibitions?

It has nothing to do with you actually going insane, it just merely symbolises what is going on in your life, so there really is no need to be terrified.

i have the regular dream(i have it 4times a week): Watching myself falling in a hole ; the stupid thing is i can;t wake up and i don;t know for how much does it goes, and i wake up normally after 8 hours of sleep. AT 1st i ussualy woke up after 1 min of falling :\

My dreams are so chaotic its ridiculous. Everything from being a murder victim to having god-like powers, from dreams of being with friends to ones of completely going nuts on people. My subconcious likes to work overtime when I'm asleep (when I'm asleep. Even in a 30 minute nap, I have such vivid dreams.

XRIMO Wrote:My dreams are so chaotic its ridiculous. Everything from being a murder victim to having god-like powers, from dreams of being with friends to ones of completely going nuts on people. My subconcious likes to work overtime when I'm asleep (when I'm asleep. Even in a 30 minute nap, I have such vivid dreams.

I feel the same way. My dreams are always filled with chaos and I always seem to be in the middle of it all. Another thing that I find interesting is I will sometimes have dreams that are almost identical to one another. In my dreams I even recognize that I have seen the place or places before and traverse through the world as if it is familiar. It's rather bizarre.

Unfortunately most of my dreams are unnerving. For example last night I dreamt that I was at my grandmother's house and there were hostile people occupying it. I was a hostage and decided it would be in my best interest to silently subdue my enemies. It's PG compared to other dreams. I find dreams of the undead to be most exciting. I seem to use my bare hands to take out those wretched undead :biggrin:

I could seriously design amazing video games or stories based off of my dreams Roflmao