Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pulled my hamstring
lauj Wrote:I'm actually going to do it right now, join me u guys

When you put it like that lauj, I'm sorry, but my mind goes in an entirely different direction.

yesterday Wrote:concentrate on resting the muscle

Good grief. Now I'm not only thinking ungentlemanly thoughts, I couldn't rest my "muscle" if I wanted to. The cute guys in here must stop trying to bait an old perv like me!

lauj Wrote:I feel the same way you do. I don't know what easy is. I feel the same way when you go to the doctors and they say from 1 - 10 how much does it hurt. My goal for the gym is to lose weight. I've lost about 10 pounds so far. I also want to build back some muscle and get toned.

I understand the 1 to 10 thing you're talking about lauj, I have trouble when my physical therapist asks me my perspective on pain in those terms. I think my Best and Worst are far more extreme than most people's are.

If you're goal is to lose weight you have to remember that it isn't going to happen quickly. Weight loss happens bit by bit, usually not evenly, and happens when done in a healthy way, spread out over time and moderating your intake. You already know what over exertion does to your body from the injury you sustained. Start slow and build up exercise routines slowly. And make them a permanent part of your life. Good health requires a commitment, a mindset change, to routine daily exercise and good nutrition.