Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rainbow writing
Is it just me or does anyone else struggle with the rainbow lettering that is used at times on the site. I have problems with certain colours mainly red green and blue or various hues there of dut being dyslexic there are a couple of optical phenomenon that at best aproach just weird and some are heading towards incredulous. A couple of them I somtimes suffer from are individual letters can somtimes go walkabout like and ant making a circle this happens especially to page numbers at the bottom of pages. The other one is patterns that appear it may be via spaces between words, similar shaped letters, words of similar lenght or a combination of these one of the oddest things about it though is that the patterns can appear as colours even though its just plain black text on white paper ( oddly nither of these symptoms appear when using a kindle) and is annoying to the point of distraction. But this rainbow writing is a whole new level if xxxxxxxx to the point it nearly hurts. Can I realy be the only one???

Yeah, certain rainbow letters can be completely invisible to me. You're color blind and so am I. Just for laughs take some of the online colorblindness tests. You'll then have a sense of how much you are missing. Someday gene therapy will fix all this.

Yep I have dont I was tested and oficailly recognised as red green colour blind but as I got older blue has become mpre of a problem aswell. Altough for the first time I also having problem with the yellow in the middle of your user name lol. As you probably know its not usually individual colours that are the problem but when they aee put close to each other but there are some shades of blue and green that I just couldnt tell you if they are blue or green . I spent 2 years thinking I was riding a blue motorbike and it turned out it was green . I only found out after a conversation in the pub . I eventually had to give in as everone else said it was green. I'm still not convinced!

I have been known to see odd colors when I come out of the pub, but I don't think it is from color blindness.

Actually the whole color thing is fascinating. Messiaen is said to have heard in colors.
I bid NO Trump!

I cant remember what it is called as it was years ago when I read about it and was a little releived when I did as I thought it was just me weird or perhaps crazy ( Oh how I wish I was rich then I could be eccentric instead) but I have a tendency to attribute colours to numbers. I may have to leave this site, I keep divulging thigs I dont tell people about

Happens with color blind folkes here, but I think your problem is different and the dyslexia might be exacerbated by all the letters being different colors and said colors changing all the time.

Quite a problem if you ask me....I am rather ignorant on how you treat dyslexia, but you might want to try that.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Im exactly same as you - dyslexic too so its a great combination lol , there's gaps in the words where certain colours are difficult to see. The chat rooms used to used a lot more when I first joined and in there each member could use their own colour - I used to have to ask if people could change to something else because their entire chat would be almost invisible/unreadable for me

I usually don't have a problem unless they're a bright color...like yellow... Otherwise doesn't bother me...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!