Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recommend some good jazz music
meridannight Wrote:thanks guys!

i already know what i will get him. it won't be jazz music, but i will use all these recommendations you have given me and see how he feels about them. there's always Christmas and i now have comfortable time to learn just what kind of jazz he's into.

So what will you be giving him?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:So what will you be giving him?

anything he wants really. Wink

but i decided to get him an expensive shaving set with everything included. he's not gonna buy that stuff himself, so i will spoil him a bit. and i will take him flying, he's never flown before.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

LONDONER Wrote:
For what it's worth, here's my pennysworth. Try some classic Oscar Peterson, the late and very much lamented Canadian pianist and his fellow musicians:

And should you want to explore further, get hold of his double CD called "Oscar Peterson in Russia" that doesn't have a single dud track on it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u...+in+russia

Another artist also highly recommended would be Billie Holiday. She should never be out of any serious jazz collector's collection:

And if your BF likes trumpet then don't miss out and the wonderful Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong:

I have the Ella and Louis CD and I love it...however...perhaps you may want to try out and oldie but goodie...Al Jarreau...Look to the Rainbow CD...if you like soothing male jazz vocals with basic instrumentation...this is the one...just a suggestion.

meridannight Wrote:anything he wants really. Wink

but i decided to get him an expensive shaving set with everything included. he's not gonna buy that stuff himself, so i will spoil him a bit. and i will take him flying, he's never flown before.

Some time ago, someone, I don't remember who, wrote about this:

http://www.amazon.com/SHAVE-SECRET-SHAVI...acle+shave

The first time I tried to buy it the shipper wouldn't ship to my address. Since then I have found out that the wonderful argan oil that I'm sure you would be able to get in Italy, does the same job.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

JohnSomebody Wrote:I have the Ella and Louis CD and I love it...however...perhaps you may want to try out and oldie but goodie...Al Jarreau...Look to the Rainbow CD...if you like soothing male jazz vocals with basic instrumentation...this is the one...just a suggestion.

'soothing male vocals' sounds really good. i'm gonna check that out myself. thanks JohnSomebody!
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Also..in regard to male soothing vocals...I would also recommend anything recorded by Will Downing...however...since you are a "newbie" to this...I recommend his CD entitled "Love Songs"...it has a lot of his well known sexy ballads on it....so if you can...check this one out for sure...JS

The most incredible jazz musician of all time is a guy named Johann Sebastian Bach. What an improviser!
I bid NO Trump!