Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recycling. new bins.
Where I live, in the last month every property has been issued with 3 new types of bin due to public demand for better resources for recycling, the old flimsy clear plastic sacks were @#+!, now these box's are really good, one for plastic, one for card, tin etc, and even a smaller one for food waste, which I've just started to use, this morning all around town the bins were outside waiting for collection, its quite nice to see, they're dark red & grey, not too bad, and seagulls cant rip them open!

This is an exciting subject alright. Here in FRance we're expected to take the recyclable stuff to a collection point, and most people seem to do so.

Spellbound Wrote:This is an exciting subject alright. Here in FRance we're expected to take the recyclable stuff to a collection point, and most people seem to do so.

Really, were obviously too lazy lol I think a lot of it should be down to food company's and how they package it

tavi Wrote:Where I live, in the last month every property has been issued with 3 new types of bin due to public demand for better resources for recycling, the old flimsy clear plastic sacks were @#+!, now these box's are really good, one for plastic, one for card, tin etc, and even a smaller one for food waste, which I've just started to use, this morning all around town the bins were outside waiting for collection, its quite nice to see, they're dark red & grey, not too bad, and seagulls cant rip them open!

Well lucky you Tavi! Here in Spain we have yellow recyle containers for glass, blue for paper/cardboard and yellow for tins/plastic/Tetra bricks etc. and separate containers for batteries. Then we have other grey containers for general rubbish. The recyling containers do get used but some people put plastic bags of paper in the paper/cardboard container. Then there are those who don't use them at all and just dump all their rubbish in the general containers. Unfortunately we don't have containers for food that can then be used to make compost.

We have rubbish collections seven days a week which you might think is a good thing. Trouble is that it encourages people to throw more and more stuff away rather than buy stuff with less packaging although I admit that seven days a week in the height of the summer heat, it is essential. Personally I only take my rubbish down once a week.

On the whole I don't think that the Spanish are too recycling minded.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Gosh 7 days a week, only once a week here. We do have some collection points for batterys in supermarkets etc in the carpark theres also glass bins, clear, brown & green. We do not have the food waste/compost containers either though i think there relativley easy to make if you have garden space, i couldnt possibly do it, i certainly like now using the food waste bin, that way i can keep it outside and not have smelly bin with bits of mouldy food scraps sitting in your kitchen for days, it seems much better, i suppose it will eventually be compost anyway wouldnt it.

And the method of boxes is so much better than one sack for all, that was really confusing at times

dryw Wrote:Here in Spain you have to hunt for a recycling bank for bottles everything else just gets sent to landfill it feels criminal, at home we have mixed recycling collected every week cans paper glass plastics all in one bag the council does the sorting garden waste and food waste gets taken separately every week and land fill very two weeks. Family in Germany say they do spot checks and fine you if you don't sort your waste properly where they are.

Which part of Spain are you talking about?

dryw Wrote:We're in La Manga in a gated community, one foot in the lagoon thother in the med, the only bottle banks are hiding along the main road. Where's you ?

Good grief! And I thought Málaga was uncivilised!

They put in a recycling machine down the street from where I live.
Since I am jobless now, I go out walking around town, collecting cans and plastic bottles.
The machine gives you a plastic card which has your personal scan tag on it. So when you put in bottles and cans, you scan your card and you get points.

When you get so many points, you get to choose from different gift cards.
Im saving my points up for some Taco Bueno gift cards. I LOVES me some Taco Bueno!!!

Id love to go round picking bottles and cans with you mrtinks, really i would, dont even need me any Taco bueno, i dont even know me what it is, best that i dont cos i probably be wanting me some as it sounds spicy!

pellaz Wrote:[QUOTE=tavi;337905 ... Most boring thing i ever said, i may go a build a catapult ... /QUOTE] beats the post(s):
My bf of 3mo wants an open relationship
How a about that st8 co worker as dating material
What are you listening to
virus on windows 8

Huh pellaz ? ? ? ?