Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
relationship
I imagine that a couple of gay men who had not yet lived in proximity would be more likely to consider themselves in a pre-relationship status. When a military couple endures deployment, it is often more of a relationship suspended.

trywait Wrote:imagine the people in military family when a spouse is deployed for 6-12 months at a time

and how many of those relationships survive?

I've been in two long distance relationships, it's hard to make work, and I don't really recommend them to anyone.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

meridannight Wrote:and how many of those relationships survive?

each relationship is different. I've seen it where the relationship survives and thrives.

I've also seen where the relationship doesn't last very long when they are reunited. so for every "rule," there are exceptions.

meridannight Wrote:and how many of those relationships survive?

I don't know if there are enough gay married couple in the armed forces yet to come up with any figures. I keep tabs on 2 couples through email or in person. I have a feeling it wouldn't be much morse than hetero couples. Any perks and benefits a married hetero couple gets in the armed forces is available to a gay couple, regardless where they are. The two couples I know who're split now, stationed in different places are fine as far as I know. One couple is an active duty senior NCO in some hell hole in Alaska until March with a civilian Defense Dept contractor partner who works and lives on base here. The others (female) are both Navy nurses with one in Jacksonville FL and the other in the Indian Ocean, coming home before Xmas. Normal military life.