Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist singing a Christian song?
As a Pagan ,we are try to be one with the universe.
One of the main things we do not do ,is insult any God or belief , we do not shove the old ways down anyone's throat. All are welcome.

To me laying blame on any God/Goddess for man's mistakes,and by man I mean priests, prophets anyone that claims their words are higher then God / Omega point , Is an atrocity.
Even if it is no more than a song.

Some times faith is the only thing someone has left , when they have lost it all.

I don't see anything wrong with doing it for an audition because you're demonstrating a skill, not making a statement (and arguably you're proving your ability to act, or at least perform, so what could be better?). Of course it might make some who are especially religious or anti-religious (including people who receive your audition) to think you're especially religious which may or may not work in your favor (in both the short & long term).

And btw, I even know of Christian fundies into astrology, kundalini yoga, and the like so if they can do that then I don't see why you can't do that song (besides if they had their way you'd be REQUIRED to sing songs like that regardless of your beliefs...)

I wouldnt say you are a hypocrit. You are auditioning, they are not expecting everybody to be a Christian (or are they?). IF you went around singing the song and pretending to mean it then you would probably be a hypocrit but although I am agnostic, if I was a christian I dont think I would care.

I am Christian I don't think there is anything wrong with non Christians singing religious songs. Sing away brother.