Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
removing moles
So I have this mole i keep scratching open and searching removal, I found claims that apple cider vinegar or garlic can take them off. Just tape the garlic or vinegar soaked cotton to the mole a few hours a day for a week and they will scab up. Thinking I am going to try this.

Just wondering if anyone has given this a try.

Some say that the science behind this is that the tape blocks the mole from oxygen and it then breaks down. I know what you have heard but the real remedy is to rub a piece of bacon on the mole, cover the mole with duct tape (gray only) and then bury the bacon in the back yard at midnight. When the bacon has rotted the mole will be gone.

Right.

See a dermatologist.
I bid NO Trump!

Go to a dermatologist.

I thought there was "an official process " in dealing with moles?

My mom and I have a mole in the exact place on our upper left shoulder...

Only reason I haven't had it removed. ..

To the OP

One of the reasons to see a dermatologist about moles is that if they are prone to bleeding etc. they will biopsy them to ensure they aren't precancerous or malignant.

Just do it..

Amen, Rareboy.

Been there. Survived that.
I bid NO Trump!

Where is the sence of adventure.

Thanks for the concern and feedback but still going to give it a try,
mostly out of curiosity.

And when the "science of adventure" ends in rounds of chemo and the misery of cancer treatment?

Some types of cancer found in moles have the ability to spread INTO the body if they are not treated properly and fully extracted. My great aunt died from one of these. It was a mole on her shoulder and the contained cancer was "set loose". It ended up (when carelessly removed) invading inward to her torso, tangling in and around her organs. She died from it.

The "science of adventure" holds a lot of such mishaps. Think about it. Somebody had to eat the orange mushrooms and die before they realized maybe they shouldn't be eating the orange mushrooms.

happyschizoid Wrote:Where is the sence of adventure.

Thanks for the concern and feedback but still going to give it a try,
mostly out of curiosity.

As someone who works in Cancer care, this, a million times this:-

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:And when the "science of adventure" ends in rounds of chemo and the misery of cancer treatment?.

Go.to.the.^$~%ing.Doctor.

Moles that undergo changes always need to be examined by a doctor. Itches, bleeding, shape, colour or size, get it checked.