Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
revenge thrillers
Thanks pix, that kinjite certainly sounds an interseting premise, really want to know what happens to the japanese father now, thanks for not including the spoiler. i love that - bronson mutters "justice" Big Grin his own particular form! lol. Oh yes evil dead 3, not seen that one since was a kid, did watch the original a while back. Really wanna see the remake, though its had very mixed reviews.

[quote=SolemnBoy]I hate most rape/revenge flicks because their main appeal is how "extreme" they are (which usually isn't even true) and they pretend to be empowering for women when in actuality they're anything but.

Revenge is a very satisfying theme though! My favourite revenge flicks are probably Kill Vill Volume 1 and 2 + Chan Wook Park's revenge trilogy (Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance).[/QUOTE

I have to agree with the first paragraph.

to be honest i not great fan of kill bill, i dont think quentin tarantino is as good as he thinks he is. Also i find his personality obnoxious,

On a chat show, he was saying he wanted the perfect filmography, and IN FACT would have it. Very modest quentin! You overbearing hyper-active duck.

partisan Wrote:to be honest i not great fan of kill bill, i dont think quentin tarantino is as good as he thinks he is. Also i find his personality obnoxious,

On a chat show, he was saying he wanted the perfect filmography, and IN FACT would have it. Very modest quentin! You overbearing hyper-active duck.

i love a lot of his movies , but he seems so arrogant and annoying . plus he looks like a slightly melted kettle ...

I thought pulp fiction at its time was amazing, that for me is his one defining film, and made his name. I dont think any of his films are particully bad, just not great either, and yes he does look like a slightly melted kettle Big Grin

partisan Wrote:Nothing makes me blink, long as it is has good narrative, i must watch i spit on your grave someday, have known about it forever but always been bit put of a bit by the premise of rape in it, although im sure that makes the revenge bits more sweeter Big Grin

Well, I will say that the original one has a VERRRYYYYY long rape scene in it.

You might watch the remake first. It still has a rape scene in it, but its not as long.

megumidesu Wrote:i love a lot of his movies , but he seems so arrogant and annoying . plus he looks like a slightly melted kettle ...

I dont like Tarentino movies at all, except Kill Bill. Mainly because of Uma Thurman.
I LOVE Uma Thurman!! If it had been another actress in that role, I wouldnt have even noticed the movies at all.

Ive heard Tarentino is a "mental case", he has something wrong with his brain.
But hey, it makes him money......

Nooo why all the Tarantino-hate? :c

Who cares if a director is arrogant in real-life? His scripts are amazing! Big Grin

There ok but deathproof wasnt amazing, come on you have to admit that? It was a piece of self indulgent crap, and i hate the character he turned kurt russel into, i used to really like kurt russel, now when i see him, i see a sadistic killer. i just hate that film grrrr! On the other hand i loved inglorius bestards!

The last Revengey thriller type I saw was The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and that was all pretty much about Revenge, and I can safely say I do not enjoy the genre. I'm too emotional and Empathetic and cried when Dumbledore bloody well died, even though he was hiding secrets and mysteries in that very long beard of his.

I like Fantasy and Romance... So what the heck am I doing on this thread? :-X