Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seeking gay comedy
searching youtube I was hoping to find some good quality gay men's stand up comedy - I found more lesbian stand up comedy (much better) in the likes of Wanda Sykes, Margaret Cho, Suzanne Westenhoefer and of course Ellen - am I overlooking any UK gay comics and what about the men in the USA - I need all the laughter I can get at the mo!

thank you

I don't know any pros, but this guy has (or did at one time, I haven't kept up with him much lately) a large following, though if you don't keep up with pop culture (and he seems especially focused on the same aspects that draw many tweens) then it will be hard to follow:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WHATTHEBUCKSHOW

And I'm not sure, but does Wavy Davy count? I've seen some vids by him that are both serious and comedic. I think he has good screen presence whether he's being serious or silly, and I have seen vids of his that made me laugh before (including "funny because it's true"). Though I suspect some just like the way he looks. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/user/wickydkewl

And a search came up with this guy (I've never seen him before):

And this guy:

This bear isn't really a comedian, but he did a vid that I thought was funny anyway (and it did win an award at a competition):

Theres also Bruce Valance and Eddie Izzard.

I really dont know any other gay male comedians.

Simon Amstell is the only gay UK comedian I can think of off the top of my head.

OrphanPip Wrote:Simon Amstell is the only gay UK comedian I can think of off the top of my head.

The best comedian gay or straight. Or at least my favorite.

Nobody mentioned Stephen k Amos? For shame.

^^ um thats coz hes not very funny^^

Did you ever watch the stephen k amos show - it were rubbish.

Ooh ooh. Don't forget Tom Ballard. Very funny, and cute as all hell.

And Josh Thomas.