Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
serious question don't answer if you don't want to
I was wondering, being that I am, were any of you victims of sexual abuse as youth. I am wondering, because people say that that is why gays and bi guys exist. Is this just grasping at explanation?

No. Some people are just born gay or bi, believe it or not.

No, I was never abused, and I don't think it has any relevance to sexual orientation.

Everyone knows the real reason we are gay is domineering mothers and absent fathers, so being sexually abused has nothing to do with sexuality.

So, if a female child is molested by a male --> causing distrust/hatred of males, thus making her a lesbian.

By the same reasoning, if a male child is molested by a male --> causing distrust/hatred of males, making him straight? Right? :confused:

Molestation is an act of violence. The crime should be reported and prosecuted to foster healing in the victim as well as to protect other children. The victim needs to receive counseling support.

No, I was never molested. I had a very sheltered and innocent childhood.

azulai Wrote:So, if a female child is molested by a male --> causing distrust/hatred of males, thus making her a lesbian.

By the same reasoning, if a male child is molested by a male --> causing distrust/hatred of males, making him straight? Right? :confused:

Molestation is an act of violence. The crime should be reported and prosecuted to foster healing in the victim as well as to protect other children. The victim needs to receive counseling support.

No, I was never molested. I had a very sheltered and innocent childhood.

the only reason I ask is I just learned there was an actual ex-gay ministry, I thought that was pure fiction. I had never heard of that. I am glad I didn't in my desperate days, get tangled up in that nightmare. But all the proponents link other than heterosexuality sexual orientation to child abuse. Just asking

I don't mean any insults to anybody please don't take it that way. I just always thought I was this way because I was a victim. I have been filled with the heterosexual take on all of this and it takes a bit to UN learn.

I was never abused as a child and I know plenty of gay men who weren't either. I think that is a sterotype based off an older one that said all gay men are pedophiles.

I once ran with runaways (in Houston, btw), many of whom had been sexually abused and many who also turned tricks (that is, sex for money) to get by. This did not affect orientation. Even a girl who suffered mind boggling cruel sexual abuse by a man (complete with forced abortions on her) was still straight (but not trusting of men). I knew a bunch of boys who turned tricks with men (including one who had since he was 11 and he was 13 when I met him and he refused to talk about why he ran away from home) but not a single one decided it made him gay or even bi. So I feel confident in saying that childhood sexual abuse does not affect orientation.

I'm sorry that you were abused but I really don't believe it would affect your orientation at all (though it might affect how you relate to people and your sex life in general).

I think Pix has made a very accurate summation of abuse and orientation.

Sexual abuse as a child is usually placed under the category of "trauma" and may cause many psychological ills, however, it can not make a person's sexual orientation any specific way.

Your sexual orientation was yours from the start. Genetic makeup all your own.

I had thought that way a while back, perhaps looking for something to blame. But after much research, it is what it is my friend.

Embrace it! Love yourself enough to accept yourself! And screw (not literally) anyone who can't accept you for you!