Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
serious question don't answer if you don't want to
Thanks, it is a processes. Just trying to learn about lgbt. I spent so long in the closet.

I was never sexually abused. I think the claim is invalid.

Yup, it can be a very long process. But at least you're among friends here.

The acceptance of LGBT has come a long way, but certainly needs to go a lot further.

I do notice a lot of TV shows coming up surfacing LGBT. This, of course, is how we Americans teach our youngsters to accept things they are not normally subjected to. I do hope it works!

I get very sad when I see a young person take their life because of bullying or lack of acceptance.

As others have said, no I was not sexually abused as a child (physically abused though) and I don't believe for an instant that sexual abuse holds some sort of correlation to sexual orientation.

I believe we are born the way we are and that some sad people don't seem to allow that to enter into their thick skulls, they have to put a negative spin on it so they have some warped sense of understanding of that which differs from their life.

I think this idea originates from...oh...when did the LGBT rights movement start? Late 70s was it?
Where "Remember! They can't reproduce! They recruit!" or something to that effect was used by a group of conservative Christians in the US to scare monger people into voting against equality(The internet makes such tactics harder now days.).
*searches wiki*
Aha:
Quote:In 1977, Anita Bryant successfully campaigned to repeal an ordinance in Miami-Dade County that prohibited discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. Her campaign was based upon allegations of "homosexual recruitment." Bryant said "As a mother, I know that homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children."[9] Michael Boucai states, in his Journal of Social History review of Fred Fejes' book on that campaign, describes Bryant's use of "recruitment" this way: "In 1977, singer and born-again Christian Anita Bryant successfully led a campaign in Dade County, Florida, to repeal an ordinance prohibiting discrimination on the basis of "sexual preference." Fixating on a single context--classrooms--Bryant's organization, Save Our Children, framed the law as an endorsement of immorality and a license for "recruitment.""[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_recruitment

A secondary place of origin are those lovely Christian Family Research Institutes, which pumped out quite a few flawed research papers to support suppressing LGBT rights.
Papers that promoted ideas that homosexuals were molested or had distant parents.
Some ex-gay ministries still base their programs off such research today. It's rather sad.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Anita Bryant.........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Ronald Reagan........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Jerry Falwell.............GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Those are the architects of hell on earth.

Err...I forgot...those three and the lovely Rothcshilds:eek:

Quote:were any of you victims of sexual abuse as youth. I am wondering, because people say that that is why gays and bi guys exist. Is this just grasping at explanation?
You should take the "Dr. House" approach to when people say things like that.
First ask if they have a PHd in psychology when (not if because their stupid for saying that) they say no then you say ARE YOU RETARDED

East Wrote:Anita Bryant.........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Ronald Reagan........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Jerry Falwell.............GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Those are the architects of hell on earth.

Err...I forgot...those three and the lovely Rothcshilds:eek:

Amen to that my friend Confusedmile:

Sad thing is...most "good Christians" I know personally act exactly like these scum. A main reason why I detest religion as a whole.

I'm a gay tranny and I had a great childhood. So nope.

Well put, well said Spencer!