Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sets a bad example, boy scouts
I don't understand the issue, I have heard people talk about gay guys molesting boys, but I was molested by a heterosexual man. I am a product of this program, if I have a son some day, I would like to be able to be with him in this program.

I am an adult volunteer, I am bisexual not homosexual not sure how thats viewed, or if it is different. Two of the adults know,.they don't care. But then again I am a manly guy, I don't talk like the way we are supposed to based on what television tells us. I don't fly pride flags. I don't make out in public.

As long as I don't try and convert their kids tbey don't care.

The polocy should be abolished. It alienates sons of gay couples, and also gay youth, it should be for boys and their fatherd and mothers, regardless of

"The Boy Scouts of America maintains that no member can grow into the best kind of citizen without recognizing an obligation to God"

I am totally blown away by their f*****g arrogance! :eek:

[Image: 553627_507313172628078_865706017_n.jpg]

Jim Morrison...
"I sent back my Eagle medal this afternoon. It makes me sad. I've always kept it on my desk and have cherished it. Earning it was hard work and a valuable experience.

The BSA is a very important and valuable institution. They have given much to me, so now I need to take a stand and urge them to change their current course and end their discriminatory policies. And I believe they will. In America our concept of freedom and equality continues to evolve. It’s what makes America strong.

Discrimination and alienation is never the right course. Equality is deeply rooted in the Fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution to provide equal privileges and liberty under the law to all people."

Man I feel like you gave away your Eagle you earned and left the guys - the ones that liked ya and the ones that didn't. I know how it was I just never connected this whole issue personally. I don't have a lot of negative memories about it or those guys, even the ones that didn't like me. I hope you will keep all the good memories you have anyway. A Eagle has to have been around long enough to have some. Best to ya!

And former Eagle Scouts send back their medals:

http://boingboing.net/2012/07/23/eagle-s...the-b.html

Some of those letters made me cheer.

Pix Wrote:And former Eagle Scouts send back their medals:

http://boingboing.net/2012/07/23/eagle-s...the-b.html

Some of those letters made me cheer.

Bloody oath *cheers*

It show how one small idea can set a tidal wave in motion, I hope any boy regardless of sexuality, can be part of the BSA without exclusion, sooner rather than later.

I think it sends the wrong message that the Boy Scouts can openly discriminate against gays but at the same time are so closely affiliated with the government. If they want to discriminate then they need to give up ALL forms of government support. It is ridiculous that the the government has consistently upheld BSA's constitutional right to violate the constituational rights of others and discriminate based on sexual preference and religion. There is no way in hell they should be allowed to have it both ways. My son wanted to join the boy scouts last year and I would not let him. I do not agree with them and will not support them in any way.

I was in scouting ( back before there was air ) I liked it. However banning gays is wrong what century are we in ????