Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#shakes with frustration#
RIGHT well I'm in another one of them FUCK EVERYTHING sort of moods.
(And, of course, have altered my online mood setting accordingly.)

I think it's because friends keep cancelling on me, and when they are around they manage to constantly remind me of the fact that I can't get a boyfriend. Or a job, for that matter.

JUST WONDERING
when people on here feel like thumbing people's eyes to goo (please refer to 28 days/weeks later) how do they deal with it?

I've tried:
  • Playing piano (kept making mistakes)
  • Composing (kept having shite ideas I couldn't take anywhere)
  • Posting on here (am still angrylicious)
  • Driving (stalled. multiple times.)
  • Going out (cancelled on a further two times.)
Any suggestions / anecdotes you'd like to share?

Please?

Hmm, not sure I can manage the energy to get that worked up about other people, but I can be far less forgiving of myself. Assuming Albert's not around what works for me is to go somewhere else (silly me I'm always going somewhere else!). If I'm in Norfolk I go for a walk, along the coastal path or on the beach, which eventually involves throwing a lot of stones at other stones or skimming them on the sea. Sometimes I borrow my dad's bike and ride round the Marshland. If I can raise myself to do it I sometimes phone a friend. If I'm in France and Albert's at work I pile up a wheelie bag with as much glass, plastic and paper as I can find and wander down to the recycling bins next to the gendarmerie.

The best thing in the world is to sit in as silent an outdoor environment as I can find (sadly, far less likely in Albert's part of France than in my bit of Norfolk) with a pencil, a rubber a notebook and a music manuscript book and just sit quietly and watch the surroundings while I wait until there's room in my head for music again. It doesn't matter if the ideas are rubbish. There might be something I can salvage and work into something else later. I used to compose at or with an instrument, but these days I find that rather limiting. The music in my head is much more interesting than that which comes from my fingers.

OK Well driving usually works for me.... I go for a long drive down the motorway (at night) but hmmmm maybe not for you!

A nice bath might help to ease tension a bit. Is there anything that you get so engrossed in that it would keep your mind at bay? I.e. I often find watching family guy gets me absorbed and cheers me up at the same time.

Alcohol is more of an enemy when you're feeling like this - it always makes me cry when I'm in a bad mood and drink lots.

Hope you feel better soon dude. I know what it's like when friends cancel on you (I had a friend cancel on me 3 weeks running - she was meant to come for dinner and i was skint, but bought the ingredients everytime and she cancelled 3 times so as you can guess, i was pretty pissed off!).

I cant really get angry at friends. If I value their friendship then I must take the good with the bad.

I do sometimes get really pissed with the one I love = he can often be very, very late for appointments but has gotten a lot better...

I guess that I am lucky in that I can just let it go after a short time.

take care and try not to let it get to ya,
frank

How's about :-

1) Biting the heads off Gummi Bears ... Cool;
2) Playing video games that involve EXCESSIVE violence such as Rise of the Triad :biggrin:;
3) Masturbation ? I mean as long as you don't rip it off like ... :redface:.

Just a thought :redface: - hope you're back to rights soon darlin'.

Bighug.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:How's about :-

1) Biting the heads off Gummi Bears ... Cool;
2) Playing video games that involve EXCESSIVE violence such as Rise of the Triad :biggrin:;
3) Masturbation ? I mean as long as you don't rip it off like ... :redface:.

Just a thought :redface: - hope you're back to rights soon darlin'.

Bighug.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!
Masturbation is the most depressing of the LOT!
You get to the end and it's like... Oh. I'm totally on my own right now.

Gummi Bears thing sounds good. I don't play video games though... I don't like the stress. Plus the adrenalin really wrecks my circulation. :biggrin:

fjp999 Wrote:I cant really get angry at friends. If I value their friendship then I must take the good with the bad.

Aww. Why people think I'm angry at my friends? My friends are great. I'm angry at me for not actually being able to enjoy being around them coz of my own sense of fucking innadequacy. Mmm.

I think I need more Jelly.

I just find someone nice to chat (usually online as I find it hard to express myself to someone over the phone or face-face) to who can be an understanding and calming influence on me.

I'd agree with Smurlos and say avoid the alcohol... it causes more trouble than it resolves... if it even resolves anything... which I doubt.

If you've got a gym membership... head for there... not only good for relieving stress, but can get out a few extra adrenaline filled reps.

Hope you're able to resolve any issues you've got at the moment tho

Bighug

I don't have enough money to go to a gym. :mad: Which is annoying coz I have an unneccesarily large muscle mass for my day to day activities.
But yeah, starting to resurface again now.

Cheers.

Confusedmile: