Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should gays arm them selves (US)
If i carry a gun as a scare tactic, should I keep it loaded?

MrMcfat3 Wrote:If i carry a gun as a scare tactic, should I keep it loaded?
you should never point a gun unless you are prepared to shoot it. You should not carry outside the home unless you have the necessary permit and yes should be loaded if all the above are true, you know that, sorry!

You should never carry a gun as a "scare tactic". You aim to shoot, and shoot to kill. If you pull a gun, it better be functional, because they can't see if it is or not, so if fight or flight kicks in, and they choose fight, you chose death.

Firearms should never be used for intimidation. The whole purpose of carrying one is to be able to protect your life. If you aren't in fear of your life you should not pull your weapon and if you do you should be in such peril at that moment that you would pull and fire. If you didn't immediately fire it then were you really in enough mortal danger that you felt you had to use it?

Remember however you use your weapon you will have to account for your actions in court. If you kill someone with a firearm it's murder until it can be shown you where justified in doing so because you felt you where going to die, be raped, be kidnapped, or be permanently maimed or scarred.

No,NEVER carry a gun as a scare tactic, there are a lot of people that are not afraid of them. If you are going to carry, first learn to use and maintain the gun properly, then learn to use it and handle yourself properly in a deadly situation.

A gun is a tool, not a threat or intimidation item, a deadly tool that you had better know how and when to use, and be prepared to face the results of using before you even consider carrying in public. Carrying a firearm means carrying a loaded firearm, generally concealed, under a permit from the state and, it literally is a life or death decision, in so doing, you choose to take the lives of others in your hands. Those of us that do carry pray that reality never comes to fruition, but we all know it might and, though we may dread it, we are prepared to face that day should it come for us.

Firearms should never be used for intimidation.

...and butterflys should always ride rainbows....

There are A LOT of people who have guns who DEFINITELY USE THEM FOR INTIMIDATION...especially when they drink! Often the apology comes the next day when they are sober.....I never accepted their apology

I do not own any guns currently but I wholly support the right to carry weapons for self defense, and/or, keep them at home for the same purpose.

It is part of our Constitutional rights.

I do not say this only in the light of gay-bashing but to protect ourselves in general.

Plus, I believe that proper training of said weapon(s) should be considered and fully implemented.

I am going to come right out and say it.

I am disturbed by the general aceptance of guns in society and the complete blindness to tha fact that this acceptance and willingness to have guns legally or illegally in our society is part of the problem.

I am reading posts and I am absoluetly stunned at the way some people are 'glorifying' fire arms.

These 2 facts together scare the crap out of me. Am I going to get some guys who is apparently sane with a gun licence snap and go all postal on me at work or sitting in a cinema watching a movie like, lets just say for kicks, Batman?

I mean seriously it is flawed logic to say legally obtained firearms by licenced holders isn't a problem when quiet evidently it is.

I'm sorry to say this but in my mind those that believe it is a given right to walk around the streets with a gun are not far removed from those that have just climbed out of the trees.

East Wrote:There are A LOT of people who have guns who DEFINITELY USE THEM FOR INTIMIDATION...especially when they drink! Often the apology comes the next day when they are sober.....I never accepted their apology

I would question why you hang around people who would drink and carry a weapon or be so irresponsible as to pull a weapon and wave it around. Firearms and Alcohol don't mix just like drinking and driving.

Blaming those who own responsibly for the misdeeds of those who don't is just like kindergarten where you punish the entire class because billy broke the potted plant.