Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skin color
I too was not in the least offended. I just took the OP as serious and gave my best and sincerest.

Knuddel
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Anonymous Wrote:Hey its Lauj I... I'm not racist (wow that doesn't sound racist at all) but there are certain race that I'm not into...

I read race, not hair color or hairy or slim or thick or whatnot. If you are talking about individual characteristics relative to preference, then the SKY is the limit! To each his own... Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Anonymous Wrote:Hey its Lauj I just wanted to see how this anonymously thing worked. Anyways I'm kind of sad to say this but the color of people's skin does make a difference when I'm dating. I'm not racist (wow that doesn't sound racist at all) but there are certain race that I'm not into. I might find them handsome but not sexually attracted. Its like they are not my type but than they become more of a friend status.

There is a great deal of programming about what a skin color means to the personality and character of the person. Truth, there is programming and experience that is related to all preferences we have. We prefer X over Y because of associations we have in our brain about a person who had X as part of them. If X was a nice person and we liked them, then we tend to favor anyone who has X.

You are influenced by every race based joke, every stereotype applied to a race. That information never magically leaves. It is there, and everyone has a time in their life when such information given to them is related to emotions they felt when they received that information.

Like it or not, we all feel something when we see a person of any skin color. We can't help that. Most of us are never aware of all the emotions we are feeling all the time. People tend to feel many emotions at the same time at different strengths and levels of consciousness. People also suffer from fleeting momentary emotions that they may not have consciously felt, but the human brain is a wonder of engineering and it loves to collect data and apply all the data it has to decide everything.

Mind highly faulty engineering... there is vast room for improvement.

Every preference and attraction is based on the ruler you carry with you. That ruler was forged in the fires of the experiences you have had with EVERYONE you have ever had an interaction with yes even that guy you bumped into 8 years ago and walked on - he left his mark on your ruler. It is tempered with every word of bias you have heard and how that made you feel when you heard it.

It is also the factor that determines instant like or instant loathing.

The brain picks up on every tiny detail - the brain records everything... You may not be able to consciously call up a picture perfect image in your mind of every human being you have encountered, but every single detail is in there, and not a single bio-byte of data is tossed out or not used in your opinion making processes.

All in all it is also the process upon which racism sets it foundation...

okay....... here's something to challenge your LABELS.... LOL...

I'm not sexually unattracted to people (male or female) of any race.

I am completely grossed out by "ethnic and other subcultures" that alienate their people from mainstream society --- yet they expect to be accepted into mainstream society even though they've gone out of their way to reject it. As Examples.......

Human body "art & piercing"

Ethnic minorities who've been in the USA for centuries and still do not speak any comprehensible language known to man --- but expect all the whistles and bells of mainstream society.

I have caught serious criticism for that and don't care. I understand the distinction between race and culture. Too bad others can't.

I've dated guys of various ethnic backgrounds. I understand what the OP is saying, but I'm glad it doesn't apply to me.

I've always felt that if you restrict who you date, you can lose out on some great experiences.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

memechose Wrote:I am completely grossed out by "ethnic and other subcultures" that alienate their people from mainstream society --- yet they expect to be accepted into mainstream society even though they've gone out of their way to reject it. As Examples.......

Human body "art & piercing"

I don't really know that I'd qualify that as a 'culture' really, certainly not in the sense we'd think of in terms of what tends to overlap with race or ethnicity.

Quote:Ethnic minorities who've been in the USA for centuries and still do not speak any comprehensible language known to man --- but expect all the whistles and bells of mainstream society.

I don't know any of these, at all. There are white people from parts of the South or Appalachia I have far more trouble understanding than the accent of any minority group I know of who has been here for "centuries." I'm hard put to even think of a group that has been here that long that still has any defining accent at all. Maybe you are confusing ethnic/cultural minority with (recent) immigrants?

If you're including something like "Ebonics", I've never regarded that as any more exotic or mysterious (or difficult to understand) than an urbanized variant of a southern dialect. That's more or less what it is.

Quote:I have caught serious criticism for that and don't care. I understand the distinction between race and culture. Too bad others can't.

It is completely unclear to me from your post who or what you feel is guilty of not understanding the difference.

Well, that racist, color and the difference is back again on the subject. By now, many of you would know that I'm in an interracial relationship, I'm the black and the rich one and he's the Caucasian one. I am not much interested for my own nationality, but this is truly not the color of their skin that make me interested, If i didn't meet Alex, I would be with someone else that may not be Caucasian. Someone mentioned the culture and yes, there's a lot of factors for me in someone's culture that will tell whether or not I'd be interested. But there's also the physical. But there's also the upbringing, per example, I was raised among Caucasian and as a result, I am more attracted to Caucasian than my own nationality.

The color and nationality shouldn't be the sole factor, there's so much more involve than the only color of your eyes, hair or skin. Next time you look at someone, take note of what you like about the person and what you don't like. Then look at another nationality that you deem say not being attracted to and take note of what you like or don't like about the person. And proceed to a thorough comparison and you'll find out soon enough that their nationality is not really what you dislike about them.

I did that exercise myself and what bugs me is the cultural much more than the way someone looks, if culture don't match or for some reason one has preconceptual and/or stereotypical judgements about one culture, you will also have a hard time appreciating their physical form even though the black, Chinese, Indian, or any other nationality has the very same shape, and feature than what you fancy.

I only hear white Americans complain about "culture" as if it's their enemy. I often wonder if "foreign" cultures just scare them or they have problems with people who are different.

Live and let live. I'll speak Korean when and where I please. No, I won't try to talk to the barista/doctor/cashier/car mechanic/lady in front of me in line in anything but English, don't worry.

People forget that America is a mix of many different cultures. Try living in New York - you might have a heart attack if you want everyone to conform to some bland non-culture that is white suburbia. Remember when the Irish were prohibited from public places? IDK, this kind of reminds me of that. LOL those crazy Irish!

*drinks his herbal tea and chills out to some haegum*

I prefer 'em dark haired and blue eyed, shorter and stockier more so than taller or thinner. I fantasize about (but do NOT prefer) a larger, furry daddy because that's like the man who first fed me cock. I used to could NOT imagine myself with someone more feminine because it mirrored what repulsed me most about myself. Now I'm all healed and the older I get the more tolerant and loving I become. On course mateys! Wavey

Sorry if my post was a bit rude, but this is something that bothers me.