Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skin color
I know we can't control who we're attracted to and far be it from me to judge, but it makes me a little sad to see how common it seems for people to have these "racial exclusions". I'm attracted to all races more or less equally altgough, strangely, my ideal of beauty changes a bit with each skin colour.

Memechose,

Sorry, I also thought you were attacking people like me who have a strong traditional culture and who speak languages other than English.

My apologies.

Uneunsae Wrote:Memechose,

Sorry, I also thought you were attacking people like me who have a strong traditional culture and who speak languages other than English.

My apologies.

HECK NO!!!!!!!!
and you don't need to apologize about it!!!!!!!!! I was so danged vague in trying to be politically correct ( a rare event, if you want to make it on your calendar) that i set everything up for my words to be misinterpreted. My stupid mistake.

I've ranted a bit about my VA case worker before here in GS. Buzzer made an assumption she's a recent immigrant to the US. Nope. Her first name could not have been dreamed up by a recent immigrant >> Cleshandra. She talks like a cartoon character parodying low class black women... at least I try to imagine she's just doing it as a parody.

memechose Wrote:HECK NO!!!!!!!!
and you don't need to apologize about it!!!!!!!!! I was so danged vague in trying to be politically correct ( a rare event, if you want to make it on your calendar) that i set everything up for my words to be misinterpreted. My stupid mistake.

I've ranted a bit about my VA case worker before here in GS. Buzzer made an assumption she's a recent immigrant to the US. Nope. Her first name could not have been dreamed up by a recent immigrant >> Cleshandra. She talks like a cartoon character parodying low class black women... at least I try to imagine she's just doing it as a parody.

I think in any event we have to regard her as an exceptional case and not representative of any specific cultural group's mindset towards mainstream culture. I never know Asian Americans are not white on the phone unless they are new arrivals, or I hear their surname. Most have completely white given names, as well.

hahahhahahahahhahahaha!

Buzzer said "white names" call the PC police!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.............

Really I know what you mean. I'm friends with two brothers, Heath and Andrew PATEL.

memechose Wrote:hahahhahahahahhahahaha!

Buzzer said "white names" call the PC police!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.............

Really I know what you mean. I'm friends with two brothers, Heath and Andrew PATEL.

LOL, you know what I meant. Even a lot of Asians born here who have Asian given names on their birth certificate go by and answer to, for life, an adopted European/American first name in 99% of all social situations.

My good friend in college who I never knew as anything other than "Angel" was actually born Pei Ju. Didn't even know that until graduation.

HumbleTangerine Wrote:I know we can't control who we're attracted to and far be it from me to judge, but it makes me a little sad to see how common it seems for people to have these "racial exclusions". I'm attracted to all races more or less equally altgough, strangely, my ideal of beauty changes a bit with each skin colour.
I agree. I am fascinated by the diversity in this world and individualism and uniqueness. When you take all the factors that make us a unique individual, each of those factors on their own is probably not that unique and shared by millions, but the combination of those factors is what makes us unique and diverse and you can't exclude race or ethnicity as among those factors. In my dating years most of my dating experience was among white, black, and Middle Eastern men, simply because that is what makes up the population where I live, although Middle Eastern men might have been a little bit overrepresented I went out with compared to their percentage in this area, because I'm kind of turned on by hairy men. I am glad I did not go into dating with race and ethnicity in mind, because I would have missed out on meeting some good men if I had gone in with exclusions in mind.

Buzzer Wrote:LOL, you know what I meant. Even a lot of Asians born here who have Asian given names on their birth certificate go by and answer to, for life, an adopted European/American first name in 99% of all social situations.

My good friend in college who I never knew as anything other than "Angel" was actually born Pei Ju. Didn't even know that until graduation.

Haha most Asians (even Koreans) can't say my name correctly. And I won't be changing it to a "white" name anytime soon. I love my name.

Edward Wrote:I'm Caucasian and I know I could never date black man. Nothing personal, I just don't find black-skinned men attractive.

[Image: tumblr_l8t5buLiJ31qdtfdbo1_400.gif]

Although race and ethnicity was not a concern for me in my dating days, I do understand that people are attracted to different things and I don't think someone is racist if they are attracted to certain ethnicities. One thing I do notice is that in gay forum sites, there are a lot of threads to discuss not being attracted to certain races. When you feel the need to state in forums who you are not attracted to instead of who you are and when in a dating profile you have to put something like "NO ASIANS. NO BLACKS," (because they always seem to have the need to put it in all caps), as opposed to saying something like "I'm looking for a nice white or Latino guy," I do question whether or not you are racist.

A tip for those of you have profiles on site or apps or take out dating ads, stop with telling what you don't want, "No Femmes/No Asians/No fats," because that just makes you look like an a-hole. Stop being negative and instead use the space to tell people what you are looking for.