Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skins season 5 (MY UK FRIENDOS)
Ah, I see. Had to do the same thing as you V. It is just another show about sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll. Well, we've only been on that score for the past fifty some years. Toss some drama in and a poignant soundtrack, and you have yourself a "groundbreaker". Yeah, I'll pass. Maybe the media coud come up with something that has to do with real life one of these days.

Wintereis Wrote:I don't think it is hyper sensitivity as much as it is everybody thinks they need to share their opinions. When you say "Reagan, Religion, Falwell, Religion, Moral "Values", Religion, Control, Religion... did I mention religion", you are talking about a small segment that thinks it needs to be very loud about everything they don't like.

I disagree...I think that the hypersensitivity in the US is indeed fueled by religion...much the same way it is in the Middle East. They have entirely too much power here in the US because not enough people speak up or stand up to them.

East Wrote:I disagree...I think that the hypersensitivity in the US is indeed fueled by religion...much the same way it is in the Middle East. They have entirely too much power here in the US because not enough people speak up or stand up to them.

Hmmm . . . well, I would say that they do have a lot of power, but I wouldn't say that there opposition is, by any means, silent or even less powerful. It may seem that way at times, but I think that is largely due to the fact that we are in that quire that is their opposition, and we have a harder time hearing our own voices in the mix. Ours are messages we are used to. While the "religious" messages seems louder because it is jolting to us, neither what we agree with or what we often hear within our own little everyday pockets of life that we surround ourselves with. So, when we turn on the news or come across a person who vocalizes their opposition, it blares. But, you don't have to look to far into policy, attitudes, and understandings to so how each sides has its pull in the change of society. To me, it seems we are doing better than they are, but they certainly do slow the progress down. [Image: icon14.gif]