Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slowly coming out
is there anyone out there that would be able to give me so help/advice?

just recently come out to some of my family, and i'm finding it hard to come to terms with the whole situation, i dont know what to expect from all this, it is a very confusing time for me, i'd be so greatful if anyone could offer some help or support and how to come to terms with being gay.... many thanks

That's what the site is here for, feel free to ask any questions, the members are generally very nice.

If you're ever embarrassed to ask a question, the site allows you to post anonymously in the help section.

thanks for that mate

I had mixed feelings after coming out to my friends. It went for days or was it for a few weeks.

I can't stop wondering - Will my friends still treat me normally? Will I lose some of them? How does coming out going to shape my future? Will it be positive or negative? My mind basically went wild. I was completely nervous.

So I would say it's okay to feel scared and confused after coming out as it is a normal process. You should feel much better and confident after a few weeks.

I don't have a lot of gay friends but thankfully most of my straight friends, colleagues and boss are pro gay. They support, protect and encourage me to be who I am.

Gayspeak is a good start to find support and foundation to stand upon.

How long have you been trying to work this out for yourself? Sometimes it just takes a while. I envy those people who can say that they've always known. Had I allowed myself that insight I might not have made some major errors of judgement.

Still, all's well that ends well and I'm sure it will be for you too if you can give yourself the time you need to catch up with yourself!

Your not alone mate, I'm feeling the same xx

Confusedmile:

well you've come to the right place for advice m8, plenty of people here have been through the same situation too so ask away and hopefully we can make it a little easier,

or u can just type whats on ur mind - putting it out there will often help..getting it off your chest will get rid of some burden then u can get on with been happy within yourself

Hello,
Coming out and acceopting you as who you are is always tough and scary regardless of age... l first came out to my family at 17... l knew since i was 12 i was different but didnt know until i was 17 and the moment i came out i felt free... I think with me living in a large gay community its easy to express yourself and be free which brighton is.... Maybe to understand yourself more id recommend a visit to a place like this where you can mingle with other gay men alike and learn not only about yourself but about the whole gay life style itself... Whether its for a weekend a day or a week (trust me my boyfriend comes from leicester in midlands and it can be done in a day... Or leicester can lol).. Coming out is the first stepping stone to being where you want to be... Just take everyday as a challenge until your fully accepted and in years to come your laugh at how you was not what you are like i do

Kindest regards

zeon xx

thanks for your post guys, really means alot