Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smart car
Micro car looks scary...feels like i will be trapped inside. When it comes to automobiles, bigger ones are more appealing to me

I'm fond of the Scion IQ (Toyota IQ in the rest of the world). It looks sharp.

[Image: Left2.jpg]

All said and done though, I'd rather have a Prius. Not for the tree hugger, green earth thing though. I rented one for the weekend a couple months ago and got 48MPG with the darn thing!

I drove a jacked up 1977 Suburban for years, before that was a van... I needed the ability to haul 8+ feet long lumber and sheets of plywood/drywall.

Now I have no vehicle...

If I get back into construction, I will need a large truck-like vehicle.

On the other end of that is my desire to have a motorcycle. In '98 I was looking at Harley's and fell in love with one... It was just a wee bit out of my means, and I needed the truck over a cycle.

I don't know about these mini-boxes on wheels. I suspect that the answer to our energy issues and our transportation issues is to move away from the personal car to more mass transit and 'shared' vehicles.

Considering that the typical car spends all day sitting in a parking lot waiting on its owner to do his/her job then commute home I think we need to rethink that and come up with ways to have fewer cars which are being better utilized.

I still don't get the idea behind suburbanites needing a 4 wheel drive SUV to haul kids to soccer practice and go to the store. Seems like a waste.

I think the mini-cooper is about as small as I would be willing to go.

The Original VW Bug was a tidy car... They should never have stopped making those.

I could't be in a car that small. I need a car with a large inside as I'm a decnetly sized guy myself and I hate having to get so dang low to the ground just to get into a car. (But not a huge car, I don't care to drive my mother's jeep simply because of how large it is. My father's vibe is much more my speed)

I have a friend who owns a massive truck and also owns a Smart Car. I was able to drive his smart car around and I kind of liked it. I wouldnt be able to own one due to the way I drive. I would turn a corner and the damn thing would flip over. I drive like a speed demon and that thing is so tiny. The good thing about it is there is never a blind spot on it and you can always find parking, and zipping in and out of traffic is a lot easier. I just wish the people who drove them would park near the back of a parking spot so it looks like a car is in the parking spot instead of pulling all the way up and then finding there is a car there once your about to turn into the parking spot.