Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so im talking to this guy...
we are supposed to meet up in tumon and walk the strip like i want to shop and stuff (spend my own money) he asked me to pick him up... is that like something to overlook?
he has a job but like i dont want to go through all that again but i want to see where its gonna go... i dont have a car either but i can get around and borrow my mom and dads car whenever like i want. have some of you run into this type of situation? is it like a something to overlook?

When meeting someone for the first time,,, it would be better if you both provided your own transportation. That way if something goes wrong, you can go your separate ways immediately.

Tell him you feel a little insecure about picking him up because you don't know him that well yet. Then suggest that the two of you meet at a designated place where you both will feel comfortable.

Good luck,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Maybe be honest about the difficulty in not having your own transport...

I agree, first dates are usually more formal if you will...you should both arrive spearately

If it's close enough, maybe you should both just take public
transportation..?

Just tell him you can't use the car at the moment, it's a white lie,
but if something does go awry with the date it'd be kind of awkward
to have to drop him off his place afterwards.

Just me though, I don't really like super formal first dates. It's better to
just see it as just 'hanging out' and being casual. It's more relaxed that
way and hopefully less superficial..

good luck :]

Thats weird.

My thought is he's looking for someone with money. He wants to see if you either have your own vehicle or have the money to pay his fares.

Regardless, I would make my excuses and back out of it, and find someone else.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Thats weird.

My thought is he's looking for someone with money. He wants to see if you either have your own vehicle or have the money to pay his fares.

Regardless, I would make my excuses and back out of it, and find someone else.

good thinking