Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so tired...
okay, so this is more a rant and rave than an actual discussion topic.
** this thing damn well better be anon !! **
Thing is that i'm just getting really really really really, depressed about this whole situation.

Every relationship i've been in has gone to shit.
1) Together for 3years, lived together for 1 & half - Cheated on me (with more than one person

2) Moved to a different state...

3) Cheated
4) Loved drugs more than he loved me

and the list goes on and on and on...

So, after much bitching, moaning, loathing and self pity, I got over the whole thing and lived along happily for quite some time.

Now.... (such a bloody smack in the face,actually), i start getting depressed because I want companionship. I couldn't be bothered with sex, that part has kindof just... died , but i want love. walks on the beach, staying in bed all weekend watching movies, love-you-till-the-end, kinda love, but, what the hell are the chances of that happening ??

I look at the people in society today, listen to them talking, read what they write and I find them all repulsive.

People have no respect for themselves or anything else. they go around shagging anything with a pulse. According to our modern day society monogomy is a chinese board game and random sex with half the suburb is nothing more than a morning routine.

so, at the end of the day, there are two options:

1) Forget about it. Even though it'll rip you apart everytime you switch on the tv or stroll on the beach by yourself, you stay alone, because when it comes down to it, you're not willing to risk so much for something that is already doomed from the start.

or

2) go for it. meet people, have relationships, and then at the end, find yourself violated, heart broken, soul shattered, and all sense of self lost, because you allowed someone who wasn't worthy.

so, option 1 it is then...

BUT, as it always is, fate comes round again, this time wielding a chain saw...

boy comes around, you start talking to boy, you KNOW you shouldn't be bothered with the boy, but still, somehow, you start to like the boy.

This goes on and on and before you know it you're in love with the boy - only this time, its different.
This boy is different. True, honest, decent, pure, the real "boy next door"... but... you cant have this boy...

seems your paths lead in different directions.

and at the end, you're once more, alone.

pure and untainted, but alone...

It is annon, but seeing as it shows your post count I'm sure I could track you down with a bit of detective work. Flawed system.

I know you've probably had some hard relationships, but you're being pretty negative here. Then again, I'm a negative guy too, so let's be negative together.

I agree that most of human kind is pure shit. Sometimes I just find myself looking around wondering what planet these fucks are from. It's a good thing I enjoy my own company.

I also agree with what you said about too much fucking. It seems more so of a problem in the homosexual world. I'm 23 and I've never had a real relationship. That wouldn't be the case if I was straight. My theory is that chicks are nicer than guys. It's just guys are hotter.

There that's my post, and now we have two random rants with no real structure.

Anon,

According to urban myth, someone said to Voltaire "life is tough", to which Voltaire replied "compared to what?"

Here's my suggestion, try being happy being single and not joining far too many other guys in sleeping around, sleeping around. Maybe you will meet someone who seems like a nice guy. If you do, get know him better maybe he will turn out to genuinely be a nice guy. If he is maybe something will happen between you.

In the meantime, an even if that doesn't happen, enjoy spending time with friends, have a hobby, have a challenge/project to complete, get on with the rest of life.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I might have been tempted to join you if I didn't know better.

I wasn't looking for another relationship when my marriage finally fell apart. I thought I might take the time to make up for the youth I didn't have and engage in a few (okay, a lot of Wink ) shallow one-night stands. It didn't happen that way and I had the good fortune to meet my frog prince. So I had to wait until I was into my forties for it to happen, but the love of my good man makes up for all those years of turmoil and depression. I cannot envisage life without him now. If, as seems very unlikely, it all turned pear-shaped tomorrow, I would always have the knowledge that I have experienced the joy of being loved and of being able to love to the full. That alone is priceless.

If I have anything to add to this discussion it is, don't put your life on hold. Keep living. Be true to yourself. I hope that someday your prince will come too.

Bighug

Australia Wrote:It is annon, but seeing as it shows your post count I'm sure I could track you down with a bit of detective work. Flawed system.

It posts as a completely seporate user, so the anonymous user has its own post count as you can see when I post as anon and I have what 400+ posts now?

Anonymous Wrote:I look at the people in society today, listen to them talking, read what they write and I find them all repulsive

If you approach everyone and everything with that attitude then of course you're gonna be repulsed by what you find. Try being positive, if you make an effort to see the GOOD in people then perhaps they just might see it in you.

You make your own reality, and approaching everything with an all black perspective isn't conducive to a positive outcome. If i let all the shit i've gone through in my life sour my opinions and approach to things i wouldn't have any faith in anyone. Not everyone is a cheater, or violent, or a manipulator, or just after sex, or a rapist or whatever. There ARE good (if it's really our place to judge and evaluate others) people out there, and if all you seem to attract or notice are the people who aren't compatible with you for whatever reason then maybe you should try approaching things from a new angle. Not to say it's your fault, but if you only look for negatives, that's all you'll find.

anonymous dude...

I agree with you to a point mate..

It seems some of us are always going to be on the out side looking in (fish bowl as they say lol). More people are on the in side the bowl than out side it.

For us on the out side it is very unlikely we'll ever see the in side, because the people in side the bowl, find it really hard to understand or don't want to know us.

I get so negative with life because I try all the time to be nice to people around but people tend to think your being strange or they think you want some thing.

The problem I have is I think I made a friend then they turn around and tell they don't want to know. I've only really got 5 friends with what I can say are friends any way.

I'm starting to get really bored of people taking the piss out of I walk and a new thing is now I get called you fat bastard.

I went to Madrid and had shit thrown at me because I was disabled, I even got spat at..

I got beaten up last year because the chavs thought I was gay.

Half my family hates me because they have found out that I slept with a guy or two..

I can go on and on about how negative things are for me, I just blame it on society my self, I think most people today are sick and boring and can't get the heads of of their asses. I'm fucking fed up with the attitude people have at the moment, people are just being selfish and don't care about others because thats how they have be brought up and also how the media wants you to think...

Maybe there will be a great flood in 2012 to sort the balance out lol!

I'm only joking but I would really like to see more love and understanding from other people..

Thats my rant over Sorry lmao!

Well said sweetlad. But I think we need to stay positive in this area. I seem to have gone from fucked up relationship to fucked up relationship but have noticed that with each relatioship I gain a better understanding of what went wrong and seem to grow a little. I think the negative things we see in other people are like mirrors of what we dont like in our self and what we need to address and change. My message is dont give up on finding mr right when the time is right we will meet him.

ANON#2 here...

Quote:Now.... (such a bloody smack in the face,actually), i start getting depressed because I want companionship. I couldn't be bothered with sex, that part has kindof just... died , but i want love. walks on the beach, staying in bed all weekend watching movies, love-you-till-the-end, kinda love, but, what the hell are the chances of that happening ??

so, at the end of the day, there are two options:

1) Forget about it. Even though it'll rip you apart everytime you switch on the tv or stroll on the beach by yourself, you stay alone, because when it comes down to it, you're not willing to risk so much for something that is already doomed from the start.

or

2) go for it. meet people, have relationships, and then at the end, find yourself violated, heart broken, soul shattered, and all sense of self lost, because you allowed someone who wasn't worthy.

so, option 1 it is then...

BUT, as it always is, fate comes round again, this time wielding a chain saw...

boy comes around, you start talking to boy, you KNOW you shouldn't be bothered with the boy, but still, somehow, you start to like the boy.

This goes on and on and before you know it you're in love with the boy - only this time, its different.
This boy is different. True, honest, decent, pure, the real "boy next door"... but... you cant have this boy...

seems your paths lead in different directions.

and at the end, you're once more, alone.

pure and untainted, but alone.
I didnt have the cheating and love lost but due to certain conditions also chose #1 for many years... and like you MR PERFECT drove right thru accomplishing #2 except I do have to say that he is worth it and that I would do it all over again. Hell, what is violated, heart and soul destroyed when ya experienced PURE LOVE.

*wonder why you use certain words? "cant have", "seems your paths...". sounds like there may still be some possibility of having the boy...

p.s. guess, if you were to look on the positive side, ya can say youre lucky to have it end with the worse being back where ya started... at least your not completely lost in limbo!

give it time and mr right will come haste into it and mr right will shun..

Enjoy single life and show your happy learn to love yaself and others will grow to love you to babes take one daym at a tiome reli's arent all that least when ur single u aint got the bitching lol