Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so what university are you going?
I did my health and social care course at Bangor Universaity in North Wales.
An eye for an eye

I... went. And I wasn't the perfect student, I dropped out at the end. Like a crazy horse.

SeaDevil Wrote:This is a tad embarrassing for moi, but I got a late start and am a first generation college student. I've been studying at Seattle Central Community College, but intend to attend UoT. I've taken a lot of extra courses in order to try to make up for the fact that I'm attending a community college. I've also been attending events and lecture series at UW.

Better late than never SeaD... you have all your life to go to school... sometimes life happens and you need to postpone college for a while but in average you have 50 years free that you can go to school... it doesn't need to be done in one shot.

fb44 Wrote:Can I just ask does the university you went play a huge part when applying to jobs? or do employers put emphasis on what you got on your degree?

Dude I have seen Harvard students graduated with the brain of a chipmunk... best example President George Bush Junior (I'm not sure but I believe he did Yale) wasn't a genius in school... yet he became president of the most powerful country on earth and certainly not because of his grades LOL.

I'm a few months away from completing my Bachelor's Degree in Foreign Languages and Literatures (FINALLY!!! I wasted a shitload of time), then I will apply for some University abroad (enough with Italy), if they want someone my age lol.

mamza Wrote:Well I'm gonna be a final year student next session at local university,University of Malaya. I'm studying math,yup,just math,although surprisingly there's a lot of branch that could be even further specialized when you go to postgraduate level. Let's just say each topic in math textbook in high school is a branch by itself,and of course there's more.

I'm hoping to further my study in University of Waterloo or McGill University in Canada. I've been eyeing their postgraduate coursework program which isn't available in my country. But that will probably be in 2014 or 2015,so wish me luck to graduate first~ XD

No way! That's awesome! I study Mechatronics engineering in University of Waterloo. I'm an undergrad, and is on my last half of my 3rd year. currently in coop in Abu Dhabi. I definitely recommend University of Waterloo if you are going into anything math or engineering related, we do have one of the world's leading thermodynamics lab here as well. On the other hand, McGill is amazing in terms of place. Montreal is just an amazing place to live in, and also, the tuition is significantly cheaper than UW.

Kenny221 Wrote:I'm applying next school year...and fuck I'm nervous about it. I don't know what I want to major, and it's starting to stress me out.

There are no worries. Most of the people tends to use the first two years in university to find what they would like to do in their future. Most of the people I knew in first year are now everywhere but engineering.

I attended the University of Puget Sound and Western Washington University in Washington State, and studied Psychology and Business. Smile