Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so what university are you going?
I did my B.S. in microbiology and immunology at McGill University. (I hate working in labs though)
I completed a B.A. honours in English literature with a minor in political science, cum laude, at Concordia University.
I am completing my M.A. in English (theatre and cultural studies) at McGill University.

I'm applying next school year...and fuck I'm nervous about it. I don't know what I want to major, and it's starting to stress me out.

i dropped out of college at some point in my first year lol

This is a tad embarrassing for moi, but I got a late start and am a first generation college student. I've been studying at Seattle Central Community College, but intend to attend UoT. I've taken a lot of extra courses in order to try to make up for the fact that I'm attending a community college. I've also been attending events and lecture series at UW.

I was thinking maybe teaching or being a counselor but there's just so many choices...I was planning to go in to nursing but quickly changed my mind knowing I can't stomach the things you guys see sometimes. I also was then thinking maybe Lawyering or maybe human managment in business....anything to do with people honestly...My personality type is ENFJ ( for people who know MBTI) and it basically means I work best in a job where it's filled with people and helping people grow and change and etc etc

I went to Indiana University in Richmond, where I did both my bachelors and masters degree in Social Work. I graduated this past semester Smile

Evan Wrote:I went to Indiana University in Richmond, where I did both my bachelors and masters degree in Social Work. I graduated this past semester Smile

well done Smile

Can I just ask does the university you went play a huge part when applying to jobs? or do employers put emphasis on what you got on your degree?

I went to a community college for a couple of years, graduated, and then got ill and had to take a year off from school. I now go to Portland State though. I'm almost a senior, and am studying English. I'm considering apply for grad school next year.

fb44 Wrote:Can I just ask does the university you went play a huge part when applying to jobs? or do employers put emphasis on what you got on your degree?

I think the biggest decision factor for employers is what kind of experience you have beside your regular studies. Extracurricular activities, jobs, internships, and whether you were good at them. I think that's a lot more important than what school you come from.