Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some venting and thinking out loud
So lately Ive been super busy but today had a breakthrough on my programming project and am finished 2 days early so I visited my dad.
Well in the car at burger king (where I found them to be after a phone call) while eating my french fries my step mom is on the warpath about how "queers and illegal Mexicans are ruining the country". It kinda stung a little so I proceeded to ask "I understand that illegal Mexicans can have a negative effect on the economy due to not paying in to the system but taking out, how exactly are gays ruining the country?",

to this im informed how "they want to be treated like married couples!" (in a tone like its absurd)

to which I respond "Of course, wouldn't you like to be treated equally?" and again ask "so how are gays ruining the country?"

to which she responds "because they are.."

Very much against my will I did not say anything else on the matter. I wonder if ignorance and blind hate has played a role in where the USA is today.

[Image: fluffy-kitty-of-doom.jpg]

Illegal Mexicans.

Illegal Horchata

I hate when people cant explain themselves. Don't say things you can't back up.

Stepmothers…

What can ya do?

Unless she’s running for office or assuming dictorial powers i see no need to panic…

Whats a horchata

horchata is a sweet rice drink from mexico

I hear my family say that all the time. I guess they attack gays the most because they're to affraid of the killers, rapist, and thievs.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

SilverBullet Wrote:So lately Ive been super busy but today had a breakthrough on my programming project and am finished 2 days early so I visited my dad.
Well in the car at burger king (where I found them to be after a phone call) while eating my french fries my step mom is on the warpath about how "queers and illegal Mexicans are ruining the country". It kinda stung a little so I proceeded to ask "I understand that illegal Mexicans can have a negative effect on the economy due to not paying in to the system but taking out, how exactly are gays ruining the country?",

to this im informed how "they want to be treated like married couples!" (in a tone like its absurd)

to which I respond "Of course, wouldn't you like to be treated equally?" and again ask "so how are gays ruining the country?"

to which she responds "because they are.."

Very much against my will I did not say anything else on the matter. I wonder if ignorance and blind hate has played a role in where the USA is today.

[Image: fluffy-kitty-of-doom.jpg]

Mister Tinkles has "ways" of dealing with wicked stepmothers! Just say the word and Mister Tinkles will make SURE that the wicked stepmother never hurts my little BooBoo's feelings ever again!!!

Hi Ho Hillary!!!
Away!!!!!!!
[Image: meh.ro10209.jpg]

people fear what they cant understand or explain, most of the ignorance comes from the prejudice and stereotypes people are exposed too through the bias in the media, as for Mexicans many don't know the facts but they go by what other ignorant people say, feel, and think.

Sounds like someone spends a little too much time watching Fox News. All you can do is present the facts, and a reasonable argument. When they respond with absurd fallacies, and ignorance (ie. Why? Because, that's why!), you've done all you can. There's no evidence or logic you can give to someone who doesn't respect evidence and logic.

tv evangelist: gays are ruining the fabric of this country!!!!

me: bitch, what chuu know bout fabric. Us gays are all about fabric we
keep JoAnn's and Michaels in business~!