• have an unorganized desk, backpack, or room? [x]
• have excellent long term memory but can’t remember simple
instructions or details? [x]
• exhibit an extreme difference between ability and achievement? [what?]
• have a family history of learning problems? [idk]
• learn to read by memorizing words? [x]
• spell phonetically or inconsistently? [what??]
• have a difficult time with 2-3 step directions? [x]
• have a difficult time reading small sight words such as “the” and “an”?
• display poor “sounding out” skills when reading? [x]
• skip lines when reading? [x]
• have a difficult time with left and right? [x] (i always have to look at my hand and remember which one i right with)
• have a difficult time with rhyming? [x]
• hate school?[x]
• have trouble telling time with a clock with hands? [x] (can only use clock on my cell phone)
• have inaccurate and labored oral reading? [huh??]
• have an extremely fast or slow processing of information speed? [?????]
• either act out or withdraw in response to learning pressure? [x] (i just say F it)
• have messy handwriting? [x] (lol i sometimes have to re write my papers when a teacher cant read my paper)
• grip his/her pencil tightly? [x] ( i think i hold it wrong too)
• think of elaborate excuses to avoid school work? [x]
• learn best by doing something instead of listening or watching? [x]
• exhibit gifts in other areas such as art, singing, social skills? [x] (kinda)
• have a poor self-esteem [x] (mhmmm)

do you think i have it...? maybe this is why i suck at school cos im in reguler classes....

You seem to have put a lot of X's to indicate you may, but you really should see someone about getting tested. If your mom doesn't listen, is there a counselor or teacher or someone you can talk with? Some of them may have dealt with dyslexic students in the past and perhaps would be able to help you figure it out.

Oh and regarding a couple of your huhs/whats:
*Oral reading... it means if you were to read aloud, like having to read in front of a class
*Phonetically means you spell words as they sound, i.e. you might spell phone as fone.
*Difference between ability/achievement I think means for someone who perhaps shows they're smart in class discussions (ability) but then gets poor grades (achievement) because of the trouble reading

hmm.. alright
oh and the ph word yeah i do spell things how they sound and my teachers get super mad that i canr spell werth crap I:<

You need to bring your concerns to a professional like the guidance counselor at your school. Some of the symptoms of dyslexia can be caused by ADHD as well.

Dyslexics should be in regular classes because they have normal IQ, you might just require more help or time. There are also different learning techniques that can be used to help dyslexics. My brother is dyslexic and he made it to university so don't feel like this will hold you back.

Dont be worried about consulting help because at the end of the day babes they are there to assist people who need help and many people may mis understand what issues they have but its worth talking to a profession about it just to let you know and confirm what you have is a definate thing

kindest regards

zeon xx

ZombieSlayer Wrote:...they think i havr dislexia

As a confirmed dyslexic these are some of the things we have in common

• have a high oral vocabulary but cannot translate it into reading or
writing? [x]
• seem to be in a “fog” a lot of the time –spacing out or daydreaming? [x]
• write and read letters or words backward after the first grade? [x]
• have an unorganized desk, backpack, or room? [x]
• exhibit an extreme difference between ability and achievement? [what?]
• have a family history of learning problems? [idk]
• learn to read by memorizing words? [x]
• spell phonetically or inconsistently? [what??]
• skip lines when reading? [x]
• have a difficult time with left and right? [x] (i always have to look at my hand and remember which one i right with)
• hate school?[x]
• have trouble telling time with a clock with hands? [x] (can only use clock on my cell phone)
• have an extremely fast or slow processing of information speed? [?????]
• have messy handwriting? [x] (lol i sometimes have to re write my papers when a teacher cant read my paper)
• grip his/her pencil tightly? [x] ( i think i hold it wrong too)
• think of elaborate excuses to avoid school work? [x]
• learn best by doing something instead of listening or watching? [x]
• exhibit gifts in other areas such as art, singing, social skills? [x] (kinda)
do you think i have it...? maybe this is why i suck at school cos im in reguler classes....

I got put in the the Special Education or S.P.E.D class in grade 7 and stay in the system till about grade 10, than i just had enough. By the time I graduated High School I was taking in honors classes. They even gave me an award for most improved student ( i have idea what happened to it, my mom likely has it somewhere.)

That's why I didn't go to college, I knew I couldn't compete at that level so I didn't even try. It's really just about finding a way to learn that works and stick to, I found for me repetition worked really well.

P.S. I still can't do math, even simple math is like a complex for foreign language to me. My brain just can't connect with numbers for some reason.:confused:

Yeah, this is better suited for a professional, not an online forum Wink