Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soo officially single *blowing off steam*
Anocxu Wrote:Some of us are constantly in a mode doing what is right for "the relationship"

Some you have to convince to do the right thing..

Some have no clue what rhe right thing is.

Inflated Egos kill relationships.. relationships...

Ages ago in here I commented on a thread about how I've learned to keep ego in check... It was funny.
It was about Jay deciding I was going to help him clean out my closet and chests. His idea of me helping was him pulling out all the clothes he didn't like and letting me convince him why I needed to keep each piece. There were clothes I'd had since 2002. hahahahaha!

Talk about the right situation for an ego to come out with a machete!!!! THAT WAS IT! He was throwing out my stuff!!!!

After about 30 minutes it sunk in that I really didn't need anything he was throwing out and besides, he was going to start buying me clothes he liked. I'd always been plaid flannel shirts and jeans.

All of a sudden it flashed in my head the reason he was doing it because he cared more than I did about what I look like with clothes on. That sealed the deal. After that he'd pull something out for me to try to talk him out of throwing away and I'd point to the wardrobe graveyard he had going on in the floor.

So he threw out clothes I loved. I didn't give a shit.
He bought me clothes I'd have never bought for myself. I didn't give a shit.
Now he lays out clothes for me to wear if we're going anywhere. He ENJOYS it... He LIKES seeing me dressed to impress.

NOW I give a shit about what he enjoys and likes and my ego gets sent to the yard anytime it's a matter of what he enjoys and likes. I'm not in this to argue about clothes, furniture, what color flowers to plant, or anything that's more important to him than me. None of that crap has nothing to do with why I put up with his cranky bossy butt. hahahaha! I keep focused on the important big things and don't sweat the small stuff at all.

The big stuff IMO all adds up to whatever keeps a smile on his face when he's talking to me.

Virge Wrote:Ages ago in here I commented on a thread about how I've learned to keep ego in check... It was funny.
It was about Jay deciding I was going to help him clean out my closet and chests. His idea of me helping was him pulling out all the clothes he didn't like and letting me convince him why I needed to keep each piece. There were clothes I'd had since 2002. hahahahaha!

Talk about the right situation for an ego to come out with a machete!!!! THAT WAS IT! He was throwing out my stuff!!!!

After about 30 minutes it sunk in that I really didn't need anything he was throwing out and besides, he was going to start buying me clothes he liked. I'd always been plaid flannel shirts and jeans.

All of a sudden it flashed in my head the reason he was doing it because he cared more than I did about what I look like with clothes on. That sealed the deal. After that he'd pull something out for me to try to talk him out of throwing away and I'd point to the wardrobe graveyard he had going on in the floor.

So he threw out clothes I loved. I didn't give a shit.
He bought me clothes I'd have never bought for myself. I didn't give a shit.
Now he lays out clothes for me to wear if we're going anywhere. He ENJOYS it... He LIKES seeing me dressed to impress.

NOW I give a shit about what he enjoys and likes and my ego gets sent to the yard anytime it's a matter of what he enjoys and likes. I'm not in this to argue about clothes, furniture, what color flowers to plant, or anything that's more important to him than me. None of that crap has nothing to do with why I put up with his cranky bossy butt. hahahaha! I keep focused on the important big things and don't sweat the small stuff at all.

The big stuff IMO all adds up to whatever keeps a smile on his face when he's talking to me.
Your ass got schooled by the master !!

Ever thought about the evil monster you would have been without Jay?

I have a headache just thinking about it..

Quote:@Anorexicoco...
"Your ass got schooled by the master !!
Ever thought about the evil monster you would have been without Jay?
I have a headache just thinking about it..

I used to be a big time hot headed even though I tried not to be.... there are witnesses to that in here.

18 months ago you could not have ever convinced me that in July 2015 a sassy little guy could talk me into selling my prize restored 74 jeep, keep the 68 Land Rover I restored for him... so there'll be room in the driveway for a new small Toyota thingie he wants to buy. Hell I probably would have paid for it if he asked and rubbed my leg right....hahahahahahahaha!

Virge Wrote:I used to be a big time hot headed even though I tried not to be.... there are witnesses to that in here.

18 months ago you could not have ever convinced me that in July 2015 a sassy little guy could talk me into selling my prize restored 74 jeep, keep the 68 Land Rover I restored for him... so there'll be room in the driveway for a new small Toyota thingie he wants to buy. Hell I probably would have paid for it if he asked and rubbed my leg right....hahahahahahahaha!
Hey now ..
Guys love my new, Sally Struthers emaciated look...
It makes it easier to throw me out after a hookup.

You were a hot head?
You don't say?

How about labelling it
A hyperactive guy with tons of misguided energy..that likes to terrorize his friends?

Anocxu Wrote:You were a hot head?
You don't say?

How about labelling it
A hyperactive guy with tons of misguided energy..that likes to terrorize his friends

With many guns... lots and lots of ammo... and a potato cannon that shoots tennis balls 150 yards.

If I was going to terrorize you I'd invite you up here in October then drop you off in the hills dressed like this. Most have survived and think it was funny.

[Image: adult-deer-costume.jpg]

Virge Wrote:With many guns... lots and lots of ammo... and a potato cannon that shoots tennis balls 150 yards.

If I was going to terrorize you I'd invite you up here in October then drop you off in the hills dressed like this. Most have survived and think it was funny.

[Image: adult-deer-costume.jpg]
I bet you I'd return with a posse'..
That's what happens every time I get lost in a strange city..
Find a public redtroom shave my scruff....
Freshen up..
Stuff my shorts

and presto!
New sketchy friends..

SilverBullet Wrote:Things are as ok as can be, I realize im gonna miss the dork *allot*. Cant give someone two years of life and not be close to them (unless you are not human) but my friends have been keeping me busy and ive been hanging out with them a bit more so I have not dwelled on it too much. Moms been calling me and just talking about everything to keep me talking and I think that helps too Wink. Then all you guys handing out support and advice, giveing me more to talk and think about. It only gets bad when I stop and think. I do believe it was a learning experience as East said, I certainly learned allot, I know where I messed up, why I messed up and I will apply that hopefully making me a better person and making my future partner a happier person. Puddytat

It's tough to move on. I can say that from experience, and I know for a fact that I haven't learned any skills in it. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Take what you learned from that relationship and apply it to something new. Your past lessons may help shape a new relationship for you in the future.