Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soo officially single *blowing off steam*
Bighug silver bullet!

Silver..
Just thought i'd check up on you...
How are things?

Silver...Someday...you will look back on this and thank the Universe that it didn't work out...because you will be in a much better place...and you wouldn't have gotten there if you stayed with the person you were with....

I swear...there really is another door or window that opens every time you close one...just pay attention and make sure to be open to other guys that you like in the future....

...and never let this define you.....

As for now..have a few drinks...cry...throw things...rant...get it all out of your system....

One more thing Bighug

I am in total agreement with what Anocxu mentioned in his response to your post. On another popular social media site...I met this guy there who reached out to me for advice for a situation he was dealing with at that time. After giving him this advice...he continued to reach out to me from time to time whenever he was dealing with something. Basically, he reached out whining constantly about not being able to find someone that he refers to as the "perfect guy" which in my words...really don't exist. What immediately became noticeable for me about this guy is that his thoughts/opinions in regard to wanting a relationship was very one-sided. In fact...whenever we chatted...the whole conversation was extremely one-sided where it was all about him...Nonetheless it appeared that just like his friendships...he wanted to be pursued all the time without putting forth very little effort to reach out to those individuals that he would like to be a part of his life. Also, he was very prudish and somewhat arrogant to say the least.

We have been "online friends" for about a year and a half and although he was a nice looking guy...I did not come on to him in any sexual way or rarely flirt with him due to the fact that the behavioral patterns that he displayed did not interest me to look at him in this way ...just in a platonic way. If one of our "online friends" posted a sexually provocative picture ...he would always complain about them showing off their bodies and how it really bothered him. Recently, I just started visit the site over the past month and low and behold..this guy has started posting scantily clad pictures of himself which I found weird considering this was one of his big complaints. Furthermore...I decided to send him a flirty comment in regard to the latest picture he posted as a joke and to my surprise...he became quite offended with me which led to him saying that I was a "fake friend" since I do not contact or reach out to him on a regular basis anymore and with that...he blocked me.

Honestly...I was a little startled initially from his reaction considering the length of time that we've been chatting and from time to time...I would joke with him about something without all of the serious backlash. After the initial shock...I am okay with him blocking me and because I firmly believe that people come into your life as a "season" whether its long term or short term...whether its a good experience or a bad situation...a lesson is learned either way for your benefit and your growth. So...BYE FELICIA!!!!!!...I just felt the need to share this after reading Anocxu's response...JS

Hey. Hopefully you've got over the first jolt and seeing things in a positive light.

If you weren't good together, better to have ended it now and move on.

I'm sure you'll both find the right guy out there. And no. It wasn't unreasonable to expect that a bf would delete dating apps. When they don't the simple truth is that they are looking at you as a stand-in and waiting for something better to come along.

JohnSomebody Wrote:I am in total agreement with what Anocxu mentioned in his response to your post. On another popular social media site...I met this guy there who reached out to me for advice for a situation he was dealing with at that time. After giving him this advice...he continued to reach out to me from time to time whenever he was dealing with something. Basically, he reached out whining constantly about not being able to find someone that he refers to as the "perfect guy" which in my words...really don't exist. What immediately became noticeable for me about this guy is that his thoughts/opinions in regard to wanting a relationship was very one-sided. In fact...whenever we chatted...the whole conversation was extremely one-sided where it was all about him...Nonetheless it appeared that just like his friendships...he wanted to be pursued all the time without putting forth very little effort to reach out to those individuals that he would like to be a part of his life. Also, he was very prudish and somewhat arrogant to say the least.

We have been "online friends" for about a year and a half and although he was a nice looking guy...I did not come on to him in any sexual way or rarely flirt with him due to the fact that the behavioral patterns that he displayed did not interest me to look at him in this way ...just in a platonic way. If one of our "online friends" posted a sexually provocative picture ...he would always complain about them showing off their bodies and how it really bothered him. Recently, I just started visit the site over the past month and low and behold..this guy has started posting scantily clad pictures of himself which I found weird considering this was one of his big complaints. Furthermore...I decided to send him a flirty comment in regard to the latest picture he posted as a joke and to my surprise...he became quite offended with me which led to him saying that I was a "fake friend" since I do not contact or reach out to him on a regular basis anymore and with that...he blocked me.

Honestly...I was a little startled initially from his reaction considering the length of time that we've been chatting and from time to time...I would joke with him about something without all of the serious backlash. After the initial shock...I am okay with him blocking me and because I firmly believe that people come into your life as a "season" whether its long term or short term...whether its a good experience or a bad situation...a lesson is learned either way for your benefit and your growth. So...BYE FELICIA!!!!!!...I just felt the need to share this after reading Anocxu's response...JS
One sided relationships can be extremely damaging, especially to the individual in the relationship who constantly overextends himself...
One of my best friends of 23 years constantly warns me about "over-extending"
I honestly thought I understood what he meant until...

Kudos JS ..
You picked up on his character immediately.
Saved yourself tons of trouble..

Anocxu Wrote:Silver..
Just thought i'd check up on you...
How are things?

Things are as ok as can be, I realize im gonna miss the dork *allot*. Cant give someone two years of life and not be close to them (unless you are not human) but my friends have been keeping me busy and ive been hanging out with them a bit more so I have not dwelled on it too much. Moms been calling me and just talking about everything to keep me talking and I think that helps too Wink. Then all you guys handing out support and advice, giveing me more to talk and think about. It only gets bad when I stop and think. I do believe it was a learning experience as East said, I certainly learned allot, I know where I messed up, why I messed up and I will apply that hopefully making me a better person and making my future partner a happier person. Puddytat

It's a process...
You're probably in that mode where you have tons of questions..seeking answers as to what is what ..
My advice..
as hard as it may be . Keep going.. keep living.. avoid self pity as much as you can.. which is also very hard to do..
My point..
Keep going...
:-P

Anocxu Wrote:One sided relationships...

• Battling with egos instead of fighting for love...

• Misunderstood by the person who should simply level with you knowing that you love them unconditionally.

Sorting though every shallow detail that holds absolutely no value to to the relationship....
Yet he injects them constantly because his reality runs about as deep as a condom.
His shallow reality then becomes your hurdles..

• You tolerate and forgive and forget.. simply driven by love and a much greater picture.

Is that what you meant to say?

Stick with us.
There are fantastic peeps here that will take very good care of you.

I am truly sorry you are going through this.

Big gay giant hug...

Keep preaching every chance you get. 99% of arguments in relationships are caused by egos getting off their leashes.

Been there, done that and have the diploma to prove it.

Virge Wrote:Keep preaching every chance you get. 99% of arguments in relationships are caused by egos getting off their leashes.

Been there, done that and have the diploma to prove it.
Some of us are constantly in a mode doing what is right for "the relationship"

Some you have to convince to do the right thing..

Some have no clue what rhe right thing is.

Inflated Egos kill relationships.. relationships...