Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
standing up to a bully
I work with mental patient (consumers) and one of the co-workers was just disrespecting the consumers and staff members. It got to the point where everyone was just so intimated by this guy, including myself. The last straw was when he was arguing with one of the consumers, he jumped out of his chair ran up on the guy, got in his face and said "whatya say to me boy!!". What the fuck, his he serious? The only thing I could do without getting into trouble was go to the office. I skipped the chain of command and went to the big boss lady, and told her everything that he was done to the consumers and other staff members. Today I didn't see his truck parked out there so I hope they fired him, how could they not fire him. If they don't I probably have complain somewhere else. People today just really piss me off, I mean how can you try to fight a mental patient?

Sounds like the guy has some issues of his own. You did the right thing.

Having been verbally abused when I was medicated and trying to cope with a bad situation in my life, thank you for doing the right thing. You'll never know how horrible it is for someone to be in your face, shouting at you, and be too bewildered and confused to respond (or if you should respond at all). I am bipolar, with OCB, and generalized anxiety disorder. My therapist thinks I may be exhibiting signs of early onset dementia as well.

One of a number of reasons I work 4 part time jobs is because of authority issues that make it nearly impossible for me to work -for- someone else in a capacity that allows them to have the kind of authority over me that can be abused.

You did the right thing, man. In your place, I would have done the wrong thing and ended up in his face... and probably fired.

This guy himself needs to be committed to a mental hospital where HE is the patient.

Correct thing to have done

You did the right thing,well done.

Will: You should feel proud of what you did, it took guts to stand up and defend a person who couldn't do it for themselves. I detest bullies, and it's been my experience that when confronted, they turn into the biggest whiners and wimps.

Goof for you, man!

Had a disgruntled co-worker one time make a joking, veiled threat that he was going to "come in the office and shoot up the place one of these days" and then "off himself in the end." Had to share a cubicle with this dude and for some reason I had a gut feeling to immediately report it the manager of the office directly rather than my supervisor. I marched right into his office,shut the door and explained it all, they forced him to take a mandatory 2 week paid vacation with counselling. He was very different after that and shortly after he came back I transferred to a different dept.

When dealing with bullies, sometimes it is best to let the big boss handle the confrontation to execute the best possible solution for everyone. Unless the big boss is the bully, then feel free to have at it.

Ultimately though, sounds like he is very unhappy with his life and probably very disappointed with his choices and hates himself for whatever reason.

It has to make you wonder when some in the position of authority abuses his power.

But I'm guessing the idiot can't be fired just like that. So document all of his nonsense and send it to those in charge and let him get booted the right way.

If he ever does get fired, you may want to keep an eye out for his return to thank you all!