Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
still
gosh I am nearly 48 years old, sleeping with my man and I'll be damned if I don't still wake up at this hour with nightmares about my evangelical Christian upbringing. Leave me alone.

I'm literally shaking. it is not fun.

reckon a toke would not hurt, then go back to bed.

Let go of the past before it ruins your future.
I know it's hard but most things that are worth it are.

Don't let the past rule your life. Live for the future.

its amazing how much of the past comes back to haunt you, it can be difficult to let go of preconceptions you were raised on.

hopefully things get better

rover330 Wrote:... nightmares about my evangelical Christian upbringing. Leave me alone.
the main goal in life is NOT to accumulate regrets. Sometimes I am envious of Phred my Irish Setter.
Sad-puppy-smiley

This is a symptom of Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

I still have the occasional night mare, I still have the occasional wake up screaming and covered in sweat night terrors linked to my childhood.

A toke, a drink, a line may actually make it worse. You might want to try meditation and lucid dreaming. And of course therapy in order to work at the underlying unresolved issues.

I fear that these sorts of things may never go away completely, but you can most likely reduce the frequency and power these have over you.

Abuse and torture are the same thing, and no one really 'gets over it'. They learn to adapt and take back some power for those things.