Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
story on yahoo about a 13yo boy
i felt sorry for this boy, his principle sucks & was mean to him because he carries a purse (bag). the story is on the yahoo.com homepage, check it out

The principle sounds very mean. The boy can carry what ever he wants.
An eye for an eye

If he's not breaking any school rules or law then why should he be picke upon over this?

I do think that for his personal safety maybe he should give it up, at least in school..things can be better later on..

Apparently no one was allowed to carry purses where he was carrying them. Despite that a lot of the things the school has done had been strange - like taking him into a room and telling him he was being punished for vulgar language, and not for carrying a purse. Sorry... But you can't put the toothpaste back into the tube.... They'd already chosen their route of punishment, and it's too late to change now. Another thing is that apparently he's done this for a long time and They're only caring now, and there's Nothing in the school rules either so the mom doesn't understand why they only care now.

13 year old boy suspended for carrying purse.

G Day, Devils Advocate here Wink.

The same rules apply for girls at that particular school, he was asked to leave his bag in his locker while in classes, he refused, he was suspended.

The only people that are discriminating are the supposed 'victim's family.

Storm in a tea cup from a bunch of overly sentitive civil libertarians that have their heads so far up their own arses that they can no longer see reason or real life.

dfiant1 Wrote:13 year old boy suspended for carrying purse.

G Day, Devils Advocate here Wink.

The same rules apply for girls at that particular school, he was asked to leave his bag in his locker while in classes, he refused, he was suspended.

The only people that are discriminating are the supposed 'victim's family.

Storm in a tea cup from a bunch of overly sentitive civil libertarians that have their heads so far up their own arses that they can no longer see reason or real life.

I agree 110%!!

When I was in school, you were to leave your purses, large bags, and backpacks IN YOUR LOCKER! You were ONLY allowed these items in free class, home room, or detention.....at the discretion of the teacher in charge.

Once AGAIN, the media reporting the WRONG issue/information and blowing it out of proportion, in order to make a huge "story" out of it!!!

The BAG is not the issue/problem, the fact that he took it into classes when he knew he was not supposed too is the issue/problem.

I stand with the school on this one.

Agree... Here at schools.. you cant have big bags between classes because people can possible carry weapons in them, its for safty

AH, now that changes things...

if there are rules, then fine, there are rules...

if he was the only one being enforced to follow the rule (and let's say some girls get pass it) then sure, we could imagine discrimination, but if the rule applies to all equaly, then there is no case!

yeah You're not allowed to take bags into places sometimes. I was just a couple hours ago told to leave my bag in the lockers when entering the library.

Pissy little 13 year olds need to kind of shut up...

He was obviously suspended for being uncooperative, not for carrying a purse. Also, it sounds like a valuable purse, he shouldnt be bringing that to school anyway. School is no place for expensive things like designer purses. That's in my school rules at least.

And final note, if you feel that you cannot express yourself without your handbag... well that's saying something about your character.