Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suicide.... Its time to talk.... Somethings may be disturbing... Prewarned
Thibideau Wrote:People like to condemn suicide and those who commit it but rarely take the time to try to prevent it or help those who are approaching it. So who's more selfish? The person who can't bare to suffer in silence anymore or the people who allow it to continue to that point.

Thibideau, I am sorry that neither you found the support you needed.
They say that young people don't know how to make friends these days and that they don't want to socialize and make "real friends" anymore, but want to sit in front of their computers all the time.
Maybe that is not that bad thing after all. It's much easier to talk about those things over the internet. Hopefully, forums like this one and websites that specialize at these problems will help people who can't find support in their real life and who are afraid to talk about it with their "real friends" or family.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Thank you aunty.
This subject is way overdue, for the life of me , I do not understand why the is subject is so taboo.

I would love to see a world wide school program , that teaches about warning signs.
As a parent , I do not take the subject lightly.

I will do everything I can to save a life , at times I feel that I don't do enough.
It breaks mt heart , to see people struggling with their emotions , feeling all alone, while they drift endlessly in an unmerciful ocean of despair without hope.

It breaks my heart.

Your welcome mum,
The reason they never educate this in schools is because they are so obsessed with the perfect students when to me learning the signs of depression and suicide is something that people here should all be aware of... I think if i saw someone trying to take their own life on a cliff edge you would get me going up there to grab em and pull em back without calling the police as they may be dead by the time the police get there..

I try to help those that are distressed to the best of my ability, but I react horribly sadly. I get very emotional when someone says they're contemplating suicide. Ive talked to people though and I think Ive talked one person out of it but that's it. Its not an easy talk though, those were some of the longest hours of my entire life...

DarkDaisuke Wrote:I try to help those that are distressed to the best of my ability, but I react horribly sadly. I get very emotional when someone says they're contemplating suicide. Ive talked to people though and I think Ive talked one person out of it but that's it. Its not an easy talk though, those were some of the longest hours of my entire life...

One is more than many others managed Clap