Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
taking a trip
So I have been seeing this guy for 2 months now. We are not official yet, hopefully we will be. I am not out to my parents and I am not ready/ scared to tell them but I want to be honest with them. I just don't know when I'm ready.

So my current problem is a future trip he wants to take to DC, he wants/asked me to come with. I of course aggressive because I like him and I never been there before.

What should I do? What will I tell parents? The trip isn't planned until March and as of now it is not set in stone.

Things I don't know:

When you say "seeing" do you mean getting together IRL on dates or "seeing" him mostly online?

How old are you?
Are you living with your parents?
If you went on a trip, would they be paying for it?

How old is the other guy?
Doe he live with his parents?
Who's paying for his trip to DC, why is he gong and why did he invite you?

As for coming out to your parents… you don't have to do that until you're ready. But of course, so long as you don't, you are lying to them. So it's always a kind of messed up situation no matter how you look at it.

What I mean by seeing is going on dates
I'm 26 and he is 32. I live with my folks (getting my degree don't judge) and he lives on his own. He wants to go to DC because his family lives there. As far as who paying I believe it would be him or us paying half.

The way you were asking the question I though you were a teenager. You're old enough to do whatever you want. Why do you have to tell your parents *anything* really? I mean, "Hey mom and dad, me and my friend Chester are going to DC for a long weekend… So you'll have the house to your self for a few days." Why would they think anything of it?

Now, if what this is really all about is trying to come out to your parents -- my question is, why *wouldn't* you? You haven't given me much of a clue. Would there be negative consequences that would impact your life? How so?

I say go for it and who cares that you are living at home . I would gladly move back home if I could Smile . I have to agree with MikeW you are old enough to do things with out telling them everything . I hope that you are able to find a way to go . My opinion is that it might be good for you to get out and spend some time with him !

I also am baffled by why a 26 year old wouldn't be able to say that they were going on a trip with a friend to DC without having to tell them that you will be giving him a BJ while you are there.

My niece and nephew traveled with friends all over when they were your age. I never even thought as to whether they were fucking.

I agree with Mike and Rareboy -

You're 26 !!!! GO! LIVE!!!

... and please tell me mom doesn't still tuck you in at night. Wink

Your life is roughly 1/3 over. Live it!

Please translate "I of course agressive...." It makes no grammatical sense, especially in context.
I bid NO Trump!

Thank you to everyone who commented and to LJay it was auto correct/me not looking. And to MikeW thank you so much! its true what everyone has said. I am 26 and I do not have to tell them anything, however my mom like most moms is very intrusive. My brother had an argument with her about 4 years ago about her questioning everything, whenever he would leave the house and now she is doing it to me. I really hate being rough with her but it isn't her business but she is a mom. And I will be going on this trip. Plus you never know maybe by then I would of came out to her.