Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
talk about insulting?
This man thinks he's got us all figured out. He thinks he knows how we think, what we do in the privacy of our lives, and he's just plain obnoxious.
Take a look. Your ideas?

I wont even look at that horrible little man.
Solution... 1 bullet.

Such condescendence, and I bet he doesn't even think that his speech is hateful... Will one bullet do it Marc?

I have a great aim Wink

I like the fact his email is there... I'm going to send him an enquiry.

on the nows. the man said bad abot gay becase normle familiys. gay are normel and familis!

He says our thinking is messed up.

Yet he is making no sense what so ever.

People like him make me laugh.
I love arguing their points with them!

That's pretty standard of the "reasoning" (and their projection) that I've come to accept from most aggressive Bible thumpers. It might also help explain why it tends to only work on those who believe the Bible, too, when the foundation of your epistemology is the Bible. Heck, you should've seen the ads promoting Prop 8...nearly every single one mentioned God, Jesus, and/or the Bible at least once (as did everyone who publicly said why they voted for it), and even the one exception I can think of was a lie cooked up by evangelicals (roughly that graphic sex ed including for gays would start in about kindergarten if Prop 8 didn't pass). Of course we're supposed to believe these people are just "a few bad apples." Rolleyes

And I can think of many extreme examples of how they're the ones that can't be reasoned with and how it's all arbitrary (for example, one fundie on a messageboard I know who says she loves gays but supports laws calling for our deaths, she got absolutely furious when I pointed out the REAL problems the churches ignore to go after gays, or like when I asked what was the Nazi policy on gays and school prayer was after she tried associating liberals with Nazis because both were against smoking, and also BRAGS about being a lamb of Jesus AND a Rush Limbaugh dittohead but then insults everyone not drinking her kool aid as "sheeple"), or completely nonsensical (like one guy who said he was "forced" to "CELEBRATE homosexuality" and had no answer when I asked him who forced him to march in what gay pride parade or marry another man and yet he's still saying he's "forced" to celebrate it apparently because of the existence of hate crime laws and allowing gays to marry), and so on (I could really go on, if I could find it again I'd include the one where evangelicals said the schools promoted atheism by not allowing them to proselytize there, managed to win in court and spread pamphlets, but then arbitrarily changed their reasoning and pooped a brick when a neopagan group started passing out invites to a pagan celebration at the same school using the same ruling the evangelicals did). But offhand here's my favorite example of how people like that "reason":

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/potter.asp

I especially loved it in a specific case when one fundie was trying to get Harry Potter removed from the schools because she believed that and "children can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality." (It's not the children who are having a problem with telling the difference, lady...).

And one library I once volunteered at as this first came out had a lawyer upset that the children's librarian had chosen Harry Potter to read to kids in the Summer Reading program (as it was determined to be about the only one that would appeal to kids from 4-14) complete with activities (like making wizard/witch hats out of construction paper after), and as one librarian present tried to convince him that it was harmless she did made a quick witches hat as the kids did and put it on which caused the lawyer board member to avert his eyes TOO SCARED to look at her! :eek: (And btw, he was on the board to gain experience for entering the life of politics Scared ).

And in case anyone here has ever played D&D, here's someone who brilliantly mocked the "reasoning" of the very popular Jack Chick (who sued to have this taken down and lost) preaching against that game:

http://www.humpin.org/mst3kdd/

I did not understand a single word that game out of that man's mouth.

I just don't bother watching this shit anymore.