Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tattoo tips?
Hi, I would really like to get a tattoo and I've got a gift card who is soon about to expire, but I simply do not know what to get. I would like something that symbolizes Rebirth and prosperity, a new beginning, another chance Smile Any suggestions? No bloody phoenixes :redface:
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Zet Wrote:Hi, I would really like to get a tattoo and I've got a gift card who is soon about to expire, but I simply do not know what to get. I would like something that symbolizes Rebirth and prosperity, a new beginning, another chance Smile Any suggestions? No bloody phoenixes :redface:

A new beginning? And two smileys in the post? WAY TO GO, MAN!! Bighug It's great you are feeling better!

As for the tattoo... I have no idea. But I wouldn't rush this. Letting the card expire is better than having a tatto you won't like in a week Bighug

I'm completely on board with Nick on this one. I've got my first tattoo and I love it to pieces, but that's only because I spent a good two solid years determining what it was going to be and how it was going to look. This is something intended to be on your body for the rest of your life, so make sure it is something that will truly ALWAYS mean something to you. Throw the gift card away, or see if a friend wants it, or if they'll give you any cash back for it, just don't rush the decision making process.

Zet Wrote:a gift card who is soon about to expire, but I simply do not know what to get.

look at them online, call them. With a gift card, just think they would prefer to do something quick easy for them.

DerJack Wrote:I'm completely on board with Nick on this one. I've got my first tattoo and I love it to pieces, but that's only because I spent a good two solid years determining what it was going to be and how it was going to look. This is something intended to be on your body for the rest of your life, so make sure it is something that will truly ALWAYS mean something to you. Throw the gift card away, or see if a friend wants it, or if they'll give you any cash back for it, just don't rush the decision making process.

I definantly agree with Jack, and personally I would never get a tatoo put on me, but make sure you know what you want.

To answer you though, I heard that some people consider the butterfly to be a symbol of change and rebirth, as it goes from one thing(catepillar) to something else (the butterfly).

Think long and hard though and good luck with your decision Wink .

Get a union jack :biggrin:

i dont like tattoos-just buy a poster and put it on the wall

if youre feeling ok now ,im very pleased and glad

While I have a tat, my mother drugged me and hand crafted herself... It was not by choice. :frown: I wouldn't willingly take a permanent mark.

I'm 45 years old and have been to many tattoo places and have come face to face with too many choices. On top of that, there is nothing I could see myself liking 10 years from now, or for the rest of my life.

If you are asking us, then you are not particularly attracted to symbol or image, thus most likely will not want to spend the next 70, 80 potentially 100 years (maybe more) with it.

You are very young and have a very, very long life ahead of you... committing to anything for that long of time isn't going to be easy.

Lets see now you are 19, the average lifespan these day for a man is 89.
What ever you decide to get , make sure you can stand it for 70 years.:biggrin:

A friend of mine has a tattoo shop , I am always amused at the severed arm he has up on the wall.
It has a sign above it that says "Yes we can remove tattoos " .:biggrin: