Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tattoos
Doofus89 Wrote:The body is a canvas, why not decorate if you want? (cliched argument, I know, but to me it still holds some amount of validity).

wrong analogy. male body is a work of art. it's already more or less complete art not a blank canvas. i wouldn't ''decorate'' it with tattoos any more than i would partially paint Delacroix's, Claude Monet's or Sisley's works over with black paint or put a tattoo on Michelangelo's David. that's how i see tattoos 'ruining it'.

meridannight Wrote:wrong analogy. at least for me. male body is a work of art. it's already more or less complete art not a blank canvas. i wouldn't ''decorate'' it with tattoos any more than i would partially paint Delacroix's, Claude Monet's or Sisley's works over with black paint or put a tattoo on Michelangelo's David. that's how i see tattoos 'ruining it'.

I didn't imply you had too. Only if you wanted. And you don't want to... so, that's the end of it. But, I must bring up this point. Your analogy is poor in your reasoning. What you're using as an example is defacing of property. Which, needless to say, carries a hefty fine and/or jail time/imprisonment.
I couldn't fathom equating being tattooed to vandalism.

Something that should be borne in mind:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams