Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tattoos
Virge Wrote:I just love human skin as it is. To me it's perfect even with blemishes, scars and whatever else. It's a huge turn on to see goose flesh in foreplay. I admit some Tattoos are art and look good but when I see some guy with a dozen tatts that have no relation to each other and look like they came out of catalogs --- total turn off.

Screw you!!

Just teasin' ya!!! LOL I can actually understand this.....the cowboy hats tattoo on my arm was originally intented for my back.

When I told my then boyfriend about it, he didn't seem enthused. After a few days, he told me that he found my broad shoulders and back sexy, and that the tattoo would be a distraction for him if it was there, so I changed the placement to my arm.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I will never have any and don't like them on other people but I can look past it providing its not on their neck which I truly hate.

Eventually I'll get one but I don't know what to get if I were to get one. The problem with tattoos is that they need to be done tastefully and be good. One thing I see is that some people get so many that they lose their cool vibe. My older sister has three, one on her ankle, a tramp stamp, and one on her upper back to remember my grandfather. My younger sister has two, a flower on her foot, and a bird on her shoulder. These were tasteful and not excessive. If you get too many eventually together they won't look that good together.

I have a couple - see pics. I had some rules when getting them done - only by Polynesians (as they originated tattooing), color to be monochromatic and their placement to be in locations where I could display them publicly or cover them up (I am in an office job). Both of mine were done by Tahitiens and I like them.

The gecko is my permanent pet (although James Bond the African Grey is likely also permanent) and is on my outside calf - its tail wraps around my inner ankle bone (F'in OUCH). The other is on my forearm and is a design I created to interpret my life - some inspiration came from M*A*S*H and some from a Spanish cave drawing.

Will I get more? No.

I also think that so many of the current crop of tatts are gaudy and very distasteful but they are not on me so c'est la vie.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I personally love them. If it's something meaningless, then I think it's stupid. But I love it when it looks amazing or has meaning to it. I've been wanting to get a full arm sleeve. If not, half. But I don't want some generic tatt' slapped on me.

I don't have any tattoo's and lately I have been thinking about getting one that fits me personally and have decided what I am going to get because its what I am all about and even though its just for the winter it still will be me for life and maybe some people think it is dumb but I honestly don't care. I want to get the word 'SKI' with a pair of skis underneath the word on either my right or left arm which I guess would be called the outter forearm possibly. Then possibly getting the word 'Hike' on the other one with a pair of hiking boots under that word with foot prints in the dirt.

I think about the two things that I have the most passion about and its skiing and hiking. I am not going to get barb wire or anything like that. It will be very basic. I was also thinking about getting a compass as well somewhere on my arm, but that is as far as I think I will take it when it comes to tats.

Jason74 Wrote:I have been thinking about getting one that fits me personally and have decided what I am going to get because its what I am all about and even though its just for the winter it still will be me for life and maybe some people think it is dumb but I honestly don't care. I want to get the word 'SKI' with a pair of skis underneath the word on either my right or left arm which I guess would be called the outter forearm possibly. Then possibly getting the word 'Hike' on the other one with a pair of hiking boots under that word with foot prints in the dirt.

yeah, my tattoo is the same thing, something that is about me personally. and it's in the same place, on the outer forearm. don't know, it kind of made sense to put it there.

Quote:I am not going to get barb wire or anything like that.

i hate those barb wire ones. they seem so stupid to me. i find it hard to think that thing has any meaning to itself. and it brings about a certain image, it's kind of cheap and fast, i-couldn't-come-up-with-anything-decent-but-i-really-wanted-a-tattoo image.

i like the compass idea. although you'd have to figure out where to point the 'north' if you get that.

meridannight Wrote:i hate those barb wire ones. they seem so stupid to me. i find it hard to think that thing has any meaning to itself. and it brings about a certain image, it's kind of cheap and fast, i-couldn't-come-up-with-anything-decent-but-i-really-wanted-a-tattoo image.

So agree, I just don't get why someone would want something so basic and so meaningless. Unless you were a farm boy and the goat that you were fucking since your teenage years, died of a barb wire accident and you wanted to recall the love and sex you had with that goat, then I can understand why someone would want a barb wire LOL.

Speaking of tattoo here's a quite original one LOL. I'll never do such thing. Alex would divorce me right away Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I love tattoos! I find tattoos sexier on women than I do men, but of course that doesn't mean I don't find tattooed men unattractive. The body is a canvas, why not decorate if you want? (cliched argument, I know, but to me it still holds some amount of validity). I currently have no tattoos, but I am planning a full sleeve for my right arm that will be comprised of all the old Universal Studios Monsters (Bela Lugosi - Dracula, Boris Karloff - Frankenstein, etc, etc, etc). It's symbolic of my love for horror films/"sub-culture" and my dad got me into all that crap when I was real little. I have not seen my dad in just over ten years so it's really for him.

I can understand why some people aren't into it, everyone's different; there should be no need to conform to one ideology. As an artist myself (musician, more specifically) I see beauty in body art. Not to mention we've been known to see the world quite differently than most hahaha. When it comes to modifications, I'm not into piercings.. I'm a very picky person about that (like I am with men Lol). To me piercings can look trashy depending where they are, how much the person has and what type of piercing it is. But, Tattoos can tell a story and if placed right and, over all, done right they enhance the attractiveness to me.
I must note though, if someone doesn't have tattoos it's not a deal breaker. Personality still plays a big role in attractveness.