Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the fustration of writing agents
I have two series with several completed novels and well more. But writing agents are so frustrating, how the hell am I supposed to make career out of it I want to with then. I haven't met a single agent that wants to look into you're work, they take a look at you're letter to them, say it's not for them, and ditch
its so dispiriting I find myself putting my work out less and less... Doomed to dead end retail forever :[ im 28 and I can't use my only talent to escape..

Do you now how many publishers it took JK Rowling to get the first Potter novel published?

12! Over a 2 year period, with everyone of them, but the last rejecting the novel. I bet they are all kicking themselves now though Smile

So don't get disillusioned, rejection happens to the best of them!

I think the trick here is to have an alternative profession that you can rely on to pay the bills and take the pressure off of the need to be published.

So what do you do when not writing?

ObW

sephirothtx Wrote:I haven't met a single agent that wants to look into you're work, they take a look at you're letter to them

^ maybe that's why ~ lol

but nah really , obw is right ~ getting published is really hard . you're bound to be rejected loads before it happens . that's pretty much how it is for most writers . there are very few who were published immediately ...

Just in case you find this option intriguing...

http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/0...econsider/