Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the new pedifile
It is indeed matty, but these 'businesses' (The church and BSA) are so closely aligned with the government that they are exempt from rules and laws that you and I have to follow...I must say it is one of my pet hates about the business of organised religion.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Pedophiles does not equal Gays ...
we all know this so...

Genersis Wrote:Well they are trying to fix the problem.
By firing and refusing to hire homosexuals.

Many of the more extreme right wing Catholics are blaming it on the homosexuals also, and are calling to boot out any homosexual in the clergy.
In fact, you're second link is to a biased right wing website blaming homosexuals.

Homosexuals are always the fall guys for paedophila.
Because now, it's not what sex you're sexually attracted to which determines your orientation.
It's who you rape.
It's not like these people are taking advantage of what ever sex children they have authority over. THAT would be silly.:mad:

Paedophilia is probably a very complex problem... the roots of which are often found in child abuse in childhood or infancy... so while the sex of the child may not always have its importance or relevance, I'm afraid it is linked to projection on one type of child or the other, maybe even to an age group... There would be reasons to believe that some paedophiles have a same sex tendency, but then again if society were more permissive for ADULT relationships, it might solve all the loneliness that leads to adults taking advantage of children who are easier to prey on, influence and control. After all it's not just a sexual thing, like rape, it's a power thing too.

-shakes head sadly and crawls back in to the basement-

matty7 Wrote:isn't it classed as obstruction of justice if you fail to report a crime ? the boy scout movement and the church have admited having peodophiles in there ranks and have protected them by giving them new positions away from previous crimes against children - why do police allow them to do this practice without bring someone to trial ? its something i truly dont understand

I don't understand it either, they should be getting the same treatment Penn State is receiving, and I don't think they are serving a long enough jail sentence, I would give a first time offender at least 10 years.

matty7 Wrote:isn't it classed as obstruction of justice if you fail to report a crime ? the boy scout movement and the church have admited having peodophiles in there ranks and have protected them by giving them new positions away from previous crimes against children - why do police allow them to do this practice without bring someone to trial ? its something i truly dont understand

Just like priests can withhold evidence if it's under the "seal of the confessional". An offence that you and I could get locked up for. :mad:

monk Wrote:Just like priests can withhold evidence if it's under the "seal of the confessional". An offence that you and I could get locked up for. :mad:

wow - thats a handy law the church have - that must come in very usefull when they want to molest children, got to admire the cheek for introducing that one !! they get to ruin kids lives and then wave a get out of jail free card