Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
these situations confuse the shit out of me..
[quote=Borg69]He made it a point to remind you of your connections, looked for other possible ones, and even made up one after hailing you down. It's hard to know what his intent was, but he sure seemed to put a LOT of energy into it.

Do you really think he made up the fact that he thought he recognized me? It sounded suspicious to me too, since that whole "don't i know you thing" is such a cliche, but he also mentioned a specific place so I suppose he could honestly have thought i was someone? idk. does it even make a difference either way?

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:This, right here? This and the description of the awkwardness sounds like maybe he's shy and had one of those "leaps of courage" moments.

You know the ones. Where you stand in the background and go "come on, just talk to him. You can do this. Just step up and say something. Say anything." So he did it, and then realized once he got that first thing out, he hadn't thought of where to go from there.

lol idk i don't think that's what it was. he really didn't strike me as a nervous wreck or anything, and he definitely wasn't standing in the background. not to mention the fact that i really cannot imagine any guy getting butterflies in their stomach over me lmfaoRoflRoflmao if anything, it would've been the other way around. i think that look came out him being somewhat caught off guard that i continued the conversation and expressed in his band or whatever? also, maybe he could sense that i was trying to flirt back with him, and maybe he really hadn't been trying to flirt with me, so maybe that's what confused him. but still, i suppose you could be right. who knows?

And, not all guys that are into men "seem gay".

and yes, lol, i know this. but i guess sometimes it's hard to actually accept this reality when you've literally never met a single gay guy that acts like a straight guy. hahahahahaha

and thank you so much everyone for your replies so far!!!!:biggrin:
i'm still a bit confused, lol, but your insight has helped a lot ! Smile

Tbh Boy22, these sort of situations confuse the crap out of me too. I would give you one bit of advice, from my own limited personal experience: Don't close the door on someone just because they don't "seem" gay. I don't act like the media portrayal of a gay man, but I certainly am. My straight friends (male and female) call me the straightest gay guy they've ever met. Just because someone isn't swishy, doesn't mean they aren't interested.

memechose Wrote:[SIZE="4"] I really get a kick out of reading posts like this because I remember being JUST LIKE THAT. Hahahahahahaha! It's really neat to see guys going through the same mess I went through at their age. It's like a universal initiation into the gay world to have to experience all this.

And guess what Boy22 ----- there's no cure for it and all the advice in the world is worthless! You're just going to have to go thru and experience unless your parents have a time macine stashed in the garage.

And feeling a little insecure and confused is a good thing.[/SIZE]
This is what we all go through (more or less). It's interesting to see things haven't changed all that much since I was 18 (and that was one hell of a long time ago).

But, yeah, OP, sounds like a friendly guy. Just get to know him like you would anyone. Suggest going out for a coffee or beer or whatever. See if you have any common interests. Maybe find out the next time his band is playing and where so you can go, etc. Beyond that it is just a 'coming out' kinda thing. You can always eat a hot dog suggestively while wearing a knitted rainbow bracelet. Eating-sandwich