Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this guy is pissing me off
ok so this guy named cesar owes me 200.00 bucks for a psp and he gave me back the psp instead of paying me back and he had the 200 bucks and didnt give it to me what should i do

hm .. ask him if it was a mistake... maybe he has not enough money and its embarassing for him ...and if it was not : Downgrading from good friend to superficial acquaintance

Never loan money, that's what I've learned over the years. (Immediate family members excluded.) If you absolutely must help, GIVE money with no expectations of getting it back. If someone is borrowing money, that means they don't have money, and it will be difficult for them to pay you back. And if they do get paid from their job, chances are they would rather spend it on something for themselves than "give it away" to someone they're paying back. Granted, there are some exceptions to this rule, but very rarely. People sound very convincing when they need money. They often explain the exact date they're getting paid next and that on this day, they will repay you. Then the date arrives, and guess what, they don't bring it up. Then it puts YOU, the person who GAVE them money and did them a favor, into the uncomfortable position of becoming a bill collector. You become the bad guy and have to remind them (and they haven't forgotten, they just hope you've forgotten or won't bring it up). Sometimes they pay you back at that point. Sometimes they give you part of it back. Sometimes they make a new promise to pay you back at another date in the future. After giving about 10 loans and watching what happens, I decided to never give loans again. And I never lost any friends after that because I refused to loan money. I ended up KEEPING all my friends. I can still remember bringing up the money owed from an old "friend" and his reply was "I'm going to repay you every last penny, trust me." Never heard from him again.

if he was going to buy a psp from you for $200 but gave the psp back to you,there is nothing you can do,I can't see what the problem is?

Sell it to someone else for $201?

like Marsh said good advice in my book

uh... there is no one else that wants it for 2oo bucks

Did he damage it in anyway? How do you know him? Was there a contract of any kind?

It definitely sucks he went back on his word, but if he didn't have it long and returned it in same condition, I'm not sure there's much you can do besides try to sell it for as much as someone else is willing to pay for it but only sell it upon being paid first this time, and to never do business with that other guy again.

I mean, whatever the difference is between what you end up selling it as and the $200, certainly it'll be small enough to not justify the cost of lawyers, even if there was a signed contract, unless you have the money to spare and really want to make a point (but again you'd need to prove it with signed contract or something; there are implied contracts but harder to prove when it becomes we say vs they say).